Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you be interested in a "Phantom" inspired CS/FC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes,
71.43%
5 71.43%
Eh, maybe. Possibly.
28.57%
2 28.57%
Not at all.
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Crazy Idea for a Story
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: A Crazy Idea for a Story

(09-09-2014, 07:41 PM)Mudbill Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 06:39 PM)Ninamori Wrote:
(09-08-2014, 11:39 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: Having 2 different voices. I don't think that's possible.
The engine can't handle two people having a conversation? Amneisa (the original story) did it... I think. I must be confused with what you meant.

No, he meant two voices for the character you play as, as in sound effects like jumping or getting hurt. You can't change those sounds after the game has loaded.

Exactly.

Trying is the first step to success.
09-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

What you guys are saying is totally correct: you can't change the default player sounds after the game has loaded.

...But, I'm holding to what I said earlier :p . It's definitely possible to override it in an FC by scripting a custom system. (I just made a custom footstep script today, for a side-scrolling 3rd person player character.) It's not easy to set up, but it works. You can switch right there in the middle of a map if you want to. If/when the time comes, just let me know and I'll either script it for you for tell you how - but not until Second Dimension has been out for a few months. Wink

09-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(09-09-2014, 11:56 PM)MrBehemoth Wrote: What you guys are saying is totally correct: you can't change the default player sounds after the game has loaded.

...But, I'm holding to what I said earlier :p . It's definitely possible to override it in an FC by scripting a custom system. (I just made a custom footstep script today, for a side-scrolling 3rd person player character.) It's not easy to set up, but it works. You can switch right there in the middle of a map if you want to. If/when the time comes, just let me know and I'll either script it for you for tell you how - but not until Second Dimension has been out for a few months. Wink

Thanks, Mr. Behemoth! That'd be grand. If I can ever actually get around to doing something with this idea, it won't be until sometime next year at the earliest.

09-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Find