Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: Harbour
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
Amnesia: Harbour

[Image: nXRNTL1.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014, 09:25 PM by A.M Team.)
09-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Amnesia: Harbour

The story looks prommising m8, however, at the screen I can see "some" issues:

- No welders. If you do a map based on a set that has walls with textures that don't fit each other, it simply looks bad at the both walls stick point. Fix that, for that set youre using the best one would be the worn welder from castlebase or the welder from dungeonbase.

- Lighting. There is simply too much light - turn one torch off, delete the lamp on the table. Leave one torch on though, and do a pointlight with a similiar light to that torch.

- The prisonbars are going through the wall - again - use welder at their end.

- Blood splatter at the floor. I beleive you're using the entity. Delete the blood entity, not decals.
That blood entity looks odd and doesn't fit to the splatters on the table, don't ya think? Just delete the blood entity, you know, the brighter one.

- Talkin' about the floor - don't you think the cellar base one doesn't fit there? Try to use something from dungeonbase.

Additionaly, the walls seem to be a bit empty. Put some decals on them, cover one up with planks so it could look like it has a hole covered with plank (lazzer becomes cpt obvious XD) and put some debris (some small/medium rocks, boxes, barrells, vases, bottles) and dirt stains at the floor. That could help it.

Overally you need to improve that a lot, plus showing off only one image isn't the best way to announce your custom story here. Good luck though and looking forward for your next updates and screenshots!

ps if you ever want to have some fine mapping help i might be free sometimes at weekends so i could always throw you a tip or two :p

ps 2 "Explore the ship's old sections and climb your way up to progressively more modern architect" I do really love that idea.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 08:48 PM by Slanderous.)
09-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Is that screen from inside the ship? I don't know of any ship that was built with stone walls. Looks a bit odd and could be breaking the immersion.

09-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(09-08-2014, 09:37 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Is that screen from inside the ship? I don't know of any ship that was built with stone walls. Looks a bit odd and could be breaking the immersion.

I do have an answer to the ship's stone walls but it would spoil everything so I can't tell you. But I do have an answer.
09-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Alright then. Just be sure to make it apparent to the player that something's suspicious so they don't suspect you for being an illogical level designer Tongue

09-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(09-08-2014, 08:45 PM)Lazzer Wrote: The story looks prommising m8, however, at the screen I can see "some" issues:

- No welders. If you do a map based on a set that has walls with textures that don't fit each other, it simply looks bad at the both walls stick point. Fix that, for that set youre using the best one would be the worn welder from castlebase or the welder from dungeonbase.

- Lighting. There is simply too much light - turn one torch off, delete the lamp on the table. Leave one torch on though, and do a pointlight with a similiar light to that torch.

- The prisonbars are going through the wall - again - use welder at their end.

- Blood splatter at the floor. I beleive you're using the entity. Delete the blood entity, not decals.
That blood entity looks odd and doesn't fit to the splatters on the table, don't ya think? Just delete the blood entity, you know, the brighter one.

- Talkin' about the floor - don't you think the cellar base one doesn't fit there? Try to use something from dungeonbase.

Additionaly, the walls seem to be a bit empty. Put some decals on them, cover one up with planks so it could look like it has a hole covered with plank (lazzer becomes cpt obvious XD) and put some debris (some small/medium rocks, boxes, barrells, vases, bottles) and dirt stains at the floor. That could help it.

Overally you need to improve that a lot, plus showing off only one image isn't the best way to announce your custom story here. Good luck though and looking forward for your next updates and screenshots!

ps if you ever want to have some fine mapping help i might be free sometimes at weekends so i could always throw you a tip or two :p

ps 2 "Explore the ship's old sections and climb your way up to progressively more modern architect" I do really love that idea.

Thanks for the very well laid-out feedback. I am new here so I do need this kind of advice! Smile

To let you know I am improving and I am trying to make a big splash out onto the Amnesia CS Community, to stand out from the jump scare filled 'pewdiepie maps'. (If such a term is not used here I'm very sorry! XD)

And also I would love to hear lots of tips from you if you can! I'll PM you if I need you!

Thanks so much!
09-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Sure thing, feel free.
09-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

why would a ship have progressively newer architecture? wouldn't that be structurally unstable?

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(09-09-2014, 11:01 PM)Streetboat Wrote: why would a ship have progressively newer architecture? wouldn't that be structurally unstable?

Quote:I do have an answer to the ship's stone walls but it would spoil everything so I can't tell you. But I do have an answer.
09-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Hum... so, is there any download link or is it just showing off?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Find