Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Any people who want to make a Story with me
facu1308 Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Any people who want to make a Story with me

Hello everyone! I'm new in this site. As you read in the title, i am searching people who could make a Custom Story with me, since i don't have that many experience of making these and i really want to make one. I will be very pleased if there is at least 1 person who wants to help me. Thank you in advance, by the way! If you want to contact me, just PM me and we will see what it is all about Smile
And sorry for my english, it is not the language i speak :/

Who wishes you the best,

facu1308.
09-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Any people who want to make a Story with me

Working on a project on your own is getting more experience and fun! Rolleyes
Firstly show us more info, cs name, some pics...etc

It isn't really that hard to make a custom story on your own, try it out! Big Grin

09-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Find
facu1308 Offline

Threads: 1

(09-20-2014, 04:26 PM)Mr. Badcatz Wrote: Working on a project on your own is getting more experience and fun! Rolleyes

It isn't really that hard to make a custom story on your own, try it out! Big Grin

Yes man i agree with you!! But you know, i'm very new at this! I don't know how to make monsters appear, and a lots of things more that are just esencials! :/ I need help with the scripting part, could you help me? Please bro.. Smile

facu1308
09-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(09-20-2014, 04:40 PM)facu1308 Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 04:26 PM)Mr. Badcatz Wrote: Working on a project on your own is getting more experience and fun! Rolleyes

Yes man i agree with you!! But you know, i'm very new at this! I don't know how to make monsters appear, and a lots of things more that are just esencials! :/ I need help with the scripting part, could you help me? Please bro.. Smile

facu1308

Sure, you could post threads with problems "how to do that, how to do this" here on the forum, and we'll help you out Smile

But don't spam threads pls, thnx.

09-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Find
burge4150 Offline

Threads: 15

The scripting is confusing at first but it all kind of starts to get to be the same thing as you do it more. You'll of course need help with your first few scripts, that's normal.

If you take the time to look at what people are teaching you instead of just copy pasting the script into place, you'll pick it up fast.

We'll help if you need us.
09-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

One thing I will advise to you: Start up with some short, made for fun map, instead of a CS. I did it like this and the begining of my CS is really basic, while the whole rest is kinda cool.

Make sure you check Mudbill's (he's on this forum too, btw) tutorials on youtube: they really helped me, and I think they will do the same to you.

Actually, I'd like to work with someone, but I have my own CS to finish :/ I can co-write a story with you, though. Let me know when you would be ready with scripting skills Wink

PS. Practice english ! I can't think of anything more usefull I've learned in my life so far Tongue
09-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

(09-21-2014, 09:16 PM)Darkfire Wrote: PS. Practice english ! I can't think of anything more usefull I've learned in my life so far Tongue

This Smile
It's much easier to help someone who you actually understands! (I'm not saying your english is bad, I'm just agreeing upon the statement)

To sum up what everyone has said:

- Try make some maps for fun first.
- Watch youtube tutorials to get to know the engine, and the scripting.
- Jump into it! It's important that you get comfortable with the engine! So try it out. You won't succeed on the first try, that's for sure! Neither will you on the second. Or the third. But keep going! Eventually you'll end up with a lot of knowledge about it!

Trying is the first step to success.
09-21-2014, 11:55 PM
Find