Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Not available for current Ubuntu
TLOF Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [split] Not available for current Ubuntu

I have the same problem but with Steam...

I too have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. After downloading from Steam, game launcher launched, I left everything on defaults (as I always do... I'm changing settings only if necesarely...) and launched the game.

Then totally black screen, nothing happend, whole system just froze, I couldn't do anything besides powering it off with power button...

If I verify cache, it says I have like 11814 issues and that it would redownload needed files. After redownloading, same problem occured.
I then tried to double-run cache verification to see if the problems are even corrected - exactly same number two times in the row, everytime it wanted to redownload 1.2GB of data... So I didn't even bothered to launch it for third time...

Any kind of help with this? Thank you in advance!
09-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Not available for current Ubuntu

Please check the troubleshooting guides. Make sure your computer matches the minimum system requierments and if guide has not help, then post the hpl.log as described.
09-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Website Find
TLOF Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [split] Not available for current Ubuntu

Game must be compatible with my hardware. I played it on Windows few months ago on same notebook and everything worked.

I didn't mentioned it but I already tried to uninstall it with same result. Permsissions are fine too... As far as settings goes - I look into them tommorow and if it won't help I'll post hpl.log here then.

EDIT: I read now Graphics Card troubleshot thread too and I must tell that I have integrated Intel HD 4000 Ivy Bridge... But as I told - I was able to run game nicely, on nearly minimum settings and 640x480res... and till now everything what I launched on Linux ran nicely and even better then on my Windows so this seems kind of odd to me...
09-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Intel HD is not support because it can be difficult to make it work. For Linux you might have to install proprietary drivers using the Hardware driver tool in Ubuntu.
09-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Website Find
TLOF Offline

So, I tried the lowest possible settings from launcher and lowest res - didn't help...
But some software updates poped out and after installing them and restarting system, game launched!

I think it was probably caused by some weird bug in some package...
Anyway, it is fixed now, thank you for help Smile
09-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Find