Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Doorways: The Underworld
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Doorways: The Underworld

Remember that Patrik, Jens, Thomas and the rest of the lovely FG crew did not personally record every single sound, paint every texture from scratch or take every single reference photo used in the making of their games. No nobody does that. It would be time consuming and expensive.

Royalty free and creative commons media gets re-used all the time. A little hobby of mine is spotting re-used assets in games, movies etc. The most well known of these is probably the Wilhelm Scream, but there are many more. There's one particular creaky door sound that I've heard in so many games, TV shows and movies that I've lost count, exactly the same sound, going back to Realms of the Haunting in 1995.

In short, if there are sounds from Amnesia re-used in Doorways, the simple answer is probably that Saibot and Frictional both got the same sound from the same place. Totes legit.

09-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Doorways: The Underworld

(09-21-2014, 12:44 PM)MrBehemoth Wrote: No, they're totally not stolen. ...But doesn't the actor in the 2nd trailer sound like Alexander of Brennanburg? I'd put money on it being the same actor. Smile

Well, waddyaknow: http://www.indiedb.com/games/doorways/ne...f-doorways

09-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Find