Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia: Chromanin [FULL RELEASE]
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin [Mapping and creative help wanted]

(05-23-2016, 10:35 PM)Slanderous Wrote: Hai, I might beta test your mod if you want.
Hell yeah, I'll write you a PM sometime soon -ish

(05-23-2016, 10:33 PM)Romulator Wrote: Speaking of screenshots, I've just noticed this in your OP.

(09-19-2014, 09:35 PM)Darkfire Wrote: PS. Can I get some help with posting screens ? I could post only 4 with the attachments, and it's not even what I expected to come out. Can't figure out a differentt way though.

I may be able to help you get around this. Do the good ol' upload to a place like imgur or use an application like puush and I'll see if I can merge a couple of screenshots with your OP. Just post as many as you want to show off at the end of this thread and I'll see what I can do! Be sure to put them in spoiler tags Wink
Thanks, I already used it in the past. But recently my Imgur went crazy and I can't log in. I use only a few passwords and none of them fit, so there must be something wrong.

And actually I wanted to post them on ModDb, because someone said that I have an average mapping style. Which kinda hit my nerve because I put a lot of effort not to make my maps dull and repeatable.

05-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(05-24-2016, 03:08 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Thanks, I already used it in the past. But recently my Imgur went crazy and I can't log in. I use only a few passwords and none of them fit, so there must be something wrong.

And actually I wanted to post them on ModDb, because someone said that I have an average mapping style. Which kinda hit my nerve because I put a lot of effort not to make my maps dull and repeatable.

All good mate! The offer is there if you ever want it though Smile

There are only few ways you'll get better at mapping, and the most basic is with practice. Applying tricks you observe from others and taking criticism and suggestions on-board do help, but practice is key. No matter what criticism you receive from others, if it's not constructive, don't be too harsh on yourself.

Worse comes to worse, ask some of our better mappers here via PM for criticism. I won't name them directly so that they won't be spammed, but check out the last few pages of the Screenshot Criticism Thread and see if there's anything there you could apply in your maps.

At the end of the day, most, if not all of us here want to help. At least, that's what I've observed since arriving. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

BIG FRIKKIN ANNOUNCEMENT

With version 2.13.134.1* the mod entered the Beta stage. Which means that it's fully playable and integral !
* 2.(current number of levels).(number of sessions spent on Alpha).(number of sessions spent on Beta)

And another big announcement is that I released a Demo today. Download it here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-chromanin/downloads

I have played the mod from start, and it's pretty much finished. It requires some corrections, most of them minor.
The last big thing on the way are the recording sessions, which will start in quite a while and last quite a while, provided that my actor wasn't scared away by (fairly low for a game, in my opinion) amount of text to be recorded.
But I estimate the release date on end of July 2016.

During the time that is left I'll get busy with polishing everything and sending out beta-test versions. And probably finally make a bonus, easter egg level, which actually might get quite robust considering the amount of time I have left.

06-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Amnesia: Chromanin [DEMO RELEASED]

Downloading now. Will play and let you know my thoughts! Big Grin

06-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Update.
Current version: Beta 2.14.134.5
Well, by now I think there are no bugs and map mistakes left anymore. If someone notices anything not working, I'll be truly suprised. Therefore I decided that beta testing is not needed. Fear not ! I'll pre-release something for you guys so you can give me your thoughts and I can implement anything I find necesseary Big Grin

The last major thing left to do is adding voice acting and perfecting it's synchronization with in-game effets. Hopefully the first batch of files will arrive tomorrow.

Right now I tweak such minor details that probably noone will notice them besides me. I'm still thinking about adding music to some levels that lack it.
And very soon I'll start developing a bonus level.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 10:50 AM by Darkfire.)
07-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Hi guyz.
Bad news is the voice actor got sick and it postponed my work by two weeks.
Good news is that his quality of work is awesome, everything arrived two days ago and I'm implementing the dialogue right now.

Since there are scarcely any things to do left, buckle up and get ready to see what this mofo (me) has been cooking for two years.

07-30-2016, 09:08 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

Oh I'm ready! =D
07-31-2016, 06:26 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Lol, I was wondering why I wasn't hearing from him! I hope he gets better soon. >.<

07-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

I think he's okay, since that was 2 weeks ago and he managed to record my stuff. And it's really good, so he's probably healthy now Tongue

Thanks again for helping to find that guy Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 02:10 PM by Darkfire.)
07-31-2016, 02:09 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Sure thing! He's awesome! Big Grin Glad everything's been working out!

08-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Find