Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help How To Properly Attach Particles To Model?
Viper85626 Offline

Threads: 6
How To Properly Attach Particles To Model?

Hey guys! I need some help since I'm a total noob with the model editor. To make a long story short, I've taken the Penumbra monster and edited him. Retexture looks great! But what I really wanted to do was set him on fire! The particles, point light, and sound all align perfectly in the model and level editor, but ingame, all the added stuff is literally 3 floors above the monster model! Why does this happen? And does anyone know how to fix it?

Also, I've tried making a cylinder body around the model and attaching all the stuff to it. It didn't work. Any help would be appreciated!
09-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: How To Properly Attach Particles To Model?

The simplest form of support I can offer is to Download White Night, as there is one in there which already fulfils those requirements Smile

However, if you wish to do it yourself, saving the credits you need to give to Tanshaydar (I believe was the creators name), someone else with better experience should be able to help you here.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Find
Viper85626 Offline

Yeah, I have that model too, but it isn't the look I'm going for. Mine looks a lot different actually Tongue
09-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Viper, if you give me the model I'm pretty sure I'll find out what's wrong. The thing I can see as problematic is that you didn't attach the particles to bones, so get sure the particles and everything are attached (This has given me problems lots of times).

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Find
Viper85626 Offline

Ohh, I have to attach them to the bones? Okay, that makes sense. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes! Smile
09-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Find