Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Stuck at beginning: Can't open hatch
PeterNilsson Offline

Threads: 1
Stuck at beginning: Can't open hatch

I am having trouble even getting started in this game. When I arrive in Greenland I run throw the snow, pick up a rock on the way to the hatch. Breaking the ice with the rock works fine and I turn the wheel clockwise as far as it goes (counter clockwise would make more sense though as I am opening the hatch, but that doesn't work).

But after that I can't open the hatch. I grab the edge of the hatch and get the fist icon but nothing happens with the hatch regardless of which direction I move the mouse. I have tried standing up and crouching. I mainly try the edge opposite the hinges as it seems most logical but with no success.

Exactly how do I open the hatch?

/Peter
04-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Stuck at beginning: Can't open hatch

Just grap the handle (press left mouse button and keep it active, do not release it) and move mouse up.
Just like you'd open hatch in real life.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2009, 02:45 PM by Ano.)
04-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Website Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

Yeah that was difficult to do, especially with the whole freezing to death part. I still have trouble with it sometimes.
04-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Find
PeterNilsson Offline

Threads: 1

Thanx.

I had the mouse sensitivity still set at 1.0 and for some reason that prevented the hatch from opening no matter how much I pulled the hatch up. After increasing the sensitivity it was no problem opening it.

Peter

(04-03-2009, 12:51 AM)jamhaw Wrote: Yeah that was difficult to do, especially with the whole freezing to death part. I still have trouble with it sometimes.
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Find