Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom entities stopped working.
Spazatron Offline

Threads: 17
Custom entities stopped working.

I wanted a grunt without the grunt's music playing, so I opened the grunt in Model Editor and changed the settings so the music was gone, then saved it in a folder called "entities" inside of my custom story's folder, and it worked fine (showed in Level Editor fine and worked in-game too. But I closed the Level Editor and opened it again later on, and I get an error saying "Found some errors while loading file. Check log for details. File index out of bounds!", and the entities aren't showing in the Level Editor. So I went to the log and it says all sorts of errors like
Inconsistency found in file entities/furniture/table_nice_wood01/table_nice_wood01.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/furniture/table_nice_wood01/table_nice_wood01.ent
but for pretty much every entity I've used (I think). What's wrong?
09-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Custom entities stopped working.

This is more of out of habit for me...

Let's say I make a custom 3D cube model (plain and simple) import it into Amnesia and get it working. But let's say I delete or modify it in such a way that I have to regenerate the *.ent, *.msh or some critical file for it.

But I accidentally leave the "old" versions still saved in the Level Editor. This could confuse the Editor and make it do whacky things, I don't know. I haven't run into major Editor bugs when things disapear on me or objects weren't being rendered in the Editor but were fine in-game or vice versa. (Except when I first started out, I encountered it twice. But they could of been patched or I was doing something stupid without realizing it before)

So I'm guessing you were messing around with the "table_nice_wood01.ent" or accidentally messed with it (Could be you installed a Mod that over-wrote this file).

When you say Entities, do you mean all "Entities" are messed up or just a large portion of them?

Also, if you have a log, it's best to paste it all in, not just a small snippet. (Put in Spoilers if it's large please)
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 07:03 PM by Rapture.)
09-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Rapture..
Are you any familour with Maya..
Offtipic i know.. but we will help this guy as well!
09-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You may be reading old info in your log, you should delete all that. Then try to open your map again.
That new info is what you want to read.
And make sure your mod is mentioned in your [game dir]/resources.cfg or a parent.

09-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Find
Spazatron Offline

Threads: 17

(09-29-2014, 08:35 PM)Daemian Wrote: And make sure your mod is mentioned in your [game dir]/resources.cfg or a parent.

Why is that so? I've never had to do that with a custom story before... :S

UPDATE: I opened the custom grunt in Model Editor again and re-saved it, and now when I open the map in Level Editor, it no longer gives me the error, but the grunts still aren't there.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 09:42 PM by Spazatron.)
09-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Find