Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Work in progress The Dreamstride [Released]
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: The Dreamstride [Released]

God damnit, this was hard to play. I sometimes had to check what to do in a few areas. I really loved this however, despite sometime I raged during being stuck.

What made me rage the most was probably the fact of how you were meant to get the chipper. Seriously, throw a small statue at it? Why not a chair? I tried that first and it didn't do shit. And then a small statue comes in? I know you tried to give off some lights at each statue (which I then realized why they were there to begin with), but I mean come on.

After that most stuff was pretty interesting, especially that awesome looking machine room. But there was a bug. The weight chain puzzle. One of the wheels were nearly stuck forever after being pulled up to the top. Might wanna take a look at that.

But it was enjoyable and I liked it alot.

9/10

Derp.
10-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: The Dreamstride [Released]

Finished it and really enjoyed it.

Spoiler below!

This story is really well detailed with all that atmospheric envrioments, spooky corridors and that haunting feeling, almost every minute.

Story is great and well-written, I didn't notice any clipping errors expect one when you go "Inner Quarters and down to the stairs you see near the rocks that flickering wall.

Puzzles are good in the end, but I got stuck on that "Weight puzzle" for some reason first handle get's stuck and you can't move it down if you touch other handles first..

Scares, well.. there are well executed, by really terrific atmosphere.. didn't faced any jump-scares which is different and great.

Overall it could be little longer, because I finished it under an hour if you don't count that stupid game crashing and one re-load because of that puzzle. Really well made and detailed mod which is rare nowdays.

9.0/10 - Well executed mod with one of the most rich map designs I ever seened or played Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014, 03:03 PM by HumiliatioN.)
10-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Find