Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Failed to start messag
eddiemae Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Failed to start messag

Ok this is my 6th time installing this game. When I finish installing and try to run the game I get this message

This application has failed to start because OpenAL32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Well it doesn't. I've tried to install this game on two different computers. I'm not understanding what is going on. I'm getting aggravated I have the requirements the game needs. Am I doing something wrong or is it the game itself?
04-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Failed to start messag

Where did u get the game from? OpenAL should be installed when the game is installed.
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Find
eddiemae Offline

Threads: 1

(04-22-2009, 05:00 PM)Thomas Wrote: Where did u get the game from? OpenAL should be installed when the game is installed.

I had gotten it from a local retailer. I see what I did wrong with that but I tried installing it with the OpenAL and it said

Created Process fails; Code 740
The requested operation required elevation.

Again I tried installing it a few times and on my laptop and computer. I don't know much about computers but I've never had this much problem installing a game before.
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Go to the folder where the game is installed(probably program files/Paradox Interactive/Penumbra Something/" and in there is an openal.exe or similar named program, run it to install OpenAL that the game requires to run.
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Website Find