Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I have plans for a World War One stealth game...
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: I have plans for a World War One stealth game...

(05-04-2009, 08:35 AM)Tommy Gun Wrote: You have definately got my interests on this one, but try and make it different from all the shabby medal of honour style games out there, its been overdone so many times.

Hey, it's a stealth game, isn't it ? ;-)

No run-of-the-mill WW FPS... Sure, you can get into gunfights, but the focus will be on avoiding them altogether. You'll also have to ration your equipment (including ammo) very carefully. Even though you can replenish missing gear by stealing found one, your resources are very limited. Also, you can only carry a limited amount of supplies and larger equipment - you certianly won't carry more than 1 rifle and 1 handgun at a time. Most of the potential combat will revolve on stealthily knocking out the enemy (with a classic blow to the head from the blackjack or by using the chlorofolm rag) or on stealthy, silent kills. Open firefights will be meant as a last (and risky) resort. Most of the time, you'll be groveling through half-flooded trenches, hiding in the shadows and picking locks. Some missions will take place out in the battlefield, some in more civilized regions and cities far behind the frontlines. Simply said : You'll hop into the shoes of a stealthy saboteur, spy or assasin.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
05-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Find