Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Regenerator
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
The Regenerator

S'up guys.

I released a game on Google Play for Android devices. It's a short and simple platformer with a Candy Box-inspired health system.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...or.android

If you use Android, give it a try and then critique me.

Spoiler below!
And yes, I asked Kreekakon before posting this.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: The Regenerator

As a final clarification, the mods have come to the decision that if someone is advertising their own work on the site (Regardless of if it's commercial or not) it will be allowed IF the person who made the thread has already been a member of the community for a "good while" (This is mostly subjective, but I doubt there will be too many conflicting opinions on what counts). If the person who made the thread has done nothing else on the site besides post their work, then it gets removed.

So if anyone's thread (For older members) was removed before due to the "un-refined" version of this rules, you are all allowed to put them back up! If in doubt PM a mod!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Kreek*
Can you REOPEN my threadh about Flapper Jack?
Mine was removed due.... uhm.. not being the rules or something Wink
I think i am a "good while" communty person..
Thanks if you reopen it for me.
And again.. FREE GAME!!
Thanks Kreek*
10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Seems interesting, will try it out.

Edit: Tried it out for a couple of minutes. Something I noticed, was how the character kind of just slides around like on the super mario ice levels when you walk normally, but when you jump you lose momentum and freeze on the spot for a short while - were talking milliseconds here, but it's still noticable, so the controls gets kind of frustrating after a while.

Otherwise, I like the concept, the health system is pretty cool. It's a fun platformer that could get better with more managable controls.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014, 06:28 PM by Tiger.)
10-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-16-2014, 06:15 PM)Tiger Wrote: Seems interesting, will try it out.

Edit: Tried it out for a couple of minutes. Something I noticed, was how the character kind of just slides around like on the super mario ice levels when you walk normally, but when you jump you lose momentum and freeze on the spot for a short while - were talking milliseconds here, but it's still noticable, so the controls gets kind of frustrating after a while.

Otherwise, I like the concept, the health system is pretty cool. It's a fun platformer that could get better with more managable controls.

Thanks.

I noticed the momentum loss when testing as well. Somewhere in my physics engine's code is a sequence of assignments that causes this, but I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it.

10-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Can't help myself but to wonder: why is our protagonist so depressed?
Otherwise very creative game, I liked it. Was worth spending one night playing.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2014, 07:59 AM by Red.)
10-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks.

Due to its regenerative abilities, the protagonist is depressed because it can only die by being impaled brutally on spikes.

Anyone mind giving me a rating on the store?

10-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

Gave me a very enjoyable 15 min, which is a compliment as that's the longest I've ever played any Android game in one sitting.

The mechanic is intetesting and fun. I think it would need some kind of illustrative visuals and a story to get me really hooked. Also,the combination of my mid-sized Android phone and my fat thumbs mean that the left and right buttons are a wee bit too close together for comfort.

All in all, though, a great little game, especially considering it is free and has no ads!

10-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Find
jaykowalski Offline

Threads: 0

Looks nice. Will try, then I'll write a post.
10-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Just beat the game. The boss battle was very enjoyable and I thought it was pretty funny/interesting that he was the opposite of our protagonist. A true rival. Would be cool with an alternate story line where you play as him and have to run into health instead of avoid them.
10-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Find