Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making music for CS
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
Making music for CS

Hey. Since I just found out that I can't use music I wanted to:

What is your experience with making music for the Custom Stories ?
You have got some good Creative Commons' sites ?
Any knowledge about horror music ?

I'd like to make smth myself, but my recording setup is really bad. I wouldn't use the outcome in a CS ;\ However, I've heard of some thing called digital orchestra, you know anything about it ?

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014, 07:16 PM by Darkfire.)
10-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Making music for CS

There are people on this forum, and people on other forums who make music themselves, that you may ask for help ^-^

Who knows. Maybe they'll say yes Smile

Trying is the first step to success.
10-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Making music for CS

Horror music is a really nuanced sort of genre, but also really flexible as when composing say ambient music you have some more freedom to go crazy with tone and harmony, intentionally forming dissonant or ugly-sounding chords. On the other hand it takes a lot of fine-tuning, especially if you follow the style of Amnesia where every sound is based on real instruments and not synths, and without practice it's tricky to get something that sounds believable.

One Creative Commons site you could visit is Jamendo.com, there is an immense catalog of music from all genres and I'm sure if you poked around for specifically horror or dark ambient you'll probably find something to strike your fancy.

A digital orchestra is typically a sample-based software component you can use in a swath of music programs such as Ableton, Logic, etc. They're a pretty penny from what I've seen.

10-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Find