Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suddenly big lower FPS
dawgiedee Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Suddenly big lower FPS

Hey guys. I couldnt find anything on the troubleshooter list but its possible ive overlooked something so if that is true, sorry :/

Anyways, my fps in the game has gone down from always having 60 to having 15 right now. I'm in the torture room right now. Before i didn't have any problems in this area or anything. Just now today my fps has gone down and is preventing me from playing/recording the game. I don't have any programs running in the background either, not that this was a problem before...

If anyone knows anything about this and can help that would be amazing c:

also i've restarted the game a couple times but it didn't help anything.

10-31-2014, 08:16 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Suddenly big lower FPS

Since you are recording the game, have you perhaps changed some settings in the recording software which may impede on the game's performance?

If you go to another level in Amnesia, one which did not have the FPS drop, is there still a significantly large FPS drop?

I've known that a few areas around the level you're in are extensively large, as well as some being quite demanding of performance due to processing of many lights, particle systems and fog areas.

I can't help much beyond there, unfortunately. :c

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
11-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Find
dawgiedee Offline

Threads: 3

nope. I haven't made any changes in my recordingsoftware :/
The weird thing is I didn't have any fps issues in this area before. I went to upstairs again and activate the machine. Went down back to the torture room and exited the game. Next time I start the game I get 15 FPS. well I can only hope for some magic to have it work later today.

11-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Have you tried a steam file integrity check?
11-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Find