Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Zikan Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi everybody,

I need help. I just bought Amnesia from Steam with the halloween sales.
I've installed the game and in any case, with any settings i chose the game put this Blackbox error message:

[Image: 29e0vq1.png]

I had read all your guides and followed all the instruction to updates everything I need. At the end i notice this:

[Image: 2i9jig6.png]

the game setting menù told that he is using the GDI generic card integrated, but I have 2 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX that work in SLI (i a bit old my PC)...the game doesn't support the integrated graphic card, I can't understand why the game don't see the others graphic Card. How I can change the card that the game will use to start?

Thanks for our help
Best Regards
Stefano
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 07:35 PM by Zikan.)
11-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo. Alguien puede decir que se debe hacer?? por favor!
11-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Are your drivers actually up to date and properly installed? It sounds to me like this is the issue. Either way, do check out the troubleshooting guide once more, and try the suggested steps.

11-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You do not have an OpenGL capable driver installed. Visit NVIDIA.com and download and install the latest driver available for your graphics card.
11-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Website Find
ProjectxModz
Unregistered

(11-03-2014, 07:34 PM)Zikan Wrote: Hi everybody,

I need help. I just bought Amnesia from Steam with the halloween sales.
I've installed the game and in any case, with any settings i chose the game put this Blackbox error message:

[Image: 29e0vq1.png]

I had read all your guides and followed all the instruction to updates everything I need. At the end i notice this:

[Image: 2i9jig6.png]

the game setting menù told that he is using the GDI generic card integrated, but I have 2 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX that work in SLI (i a bit old my PC)...the game doesn't support the integrated graphic card, I can't understand why the game don't see the others graphic Card. How I can change the card that the game will use to start?

Thanks for our help
Best Regards
Stefano

Well im having the same problome right now and im trying to solve it its so fucking werd
11-17-2014, 04:33 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If it is the same, with GDI Generic, then "You do not have an OpenGL capable driver installed." Visit the manufacturer of your graphics card to download and install a proper driver.
11-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Website Find