Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Team Requests Someone with good Mapping skills.
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52
Someone with good Mapping skills.

As tittle say i need someone to be "Team" with me.
I am not that good at making maps so if is possible anyone who have a skills with the mapping to contact me through PM-Private Message or in here in Comment.

Of course he will be in credits,special thanks,mapping...
In progress is one MOD that was quitted a long time ago, but i decide to revive it. This is reason why i quit (because i am not good at mapping).

So that's all about it, if anyone there feels he/she can help i would be glad!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 05:20 PM by Straxedix.)
11-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Someone with good Mapping skills.

I would love to Strax, but the best way to get good at mapping is to look at other custom stories and come up with your own custom concept ideas to make that map..

I was once a very bad mapper you know? but after some months I played a lot of amnesia and started to test around in the level editor which got me very interested...
Here are a few screenies of what I could do if this interests you....

Spoiler below!
[Image: 4F010Hr.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: AYRySZU.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: JkVJ2UY.png]
Now I am always busy since I have 4 guys that I have to help with in their mods, but pls try to open the level editor and try to test around a bit, make all walls in place not glitching out, some decals, furniture, lighting and you should be done... it's not that hard you know, detailing can be hard sometimes, Hope this helps m8 and gl on your project Wink

Ps: If you want me to be a mapper for you or to actually work for you, 1 tip is hope you're good at scripting or other stuff for your mod cause if you get someone else to code for you and a mapper then you are actually doing no work into your mod......

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 05:31 PM by Radical Batz.)
11-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Find
Straxedix Offline

I did tried all the time, i don't have feeling for decorations and stuff. That's why i asked all members here if someone could help me.

11-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(11-14-2014, 05:30 PM)Straxedix Wrote: i don't have feeling for decorations and stuff. That's why i asked all members here if someone could help me.

So you're saying that you have no urge to detail or make any maps and wanting to ask someone else without trying to make your own? If you ask for a mapper to map for you, he couldn't just make every map you ask him to make for you... You must try yourself , You must have urge and energy to make a good mod is all I'm sayin.. I'm sorry to say this but try harder mate, this is for your own good

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 05:36 PM by Radical Batz.)
11-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Find
Straxedix Offline

Well i have few maps and some work but it is bad, so i need someone who could make some maps for me if is possible.

11-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(11-14-2014, 05:36 PM)Straxedix Wrote: Well i have few maps and some work but it is bad, so i need someone who could make some maps for me if is possible.

I would love it if you could post some pics of your maps as pics on the forum.., or to make your maps better, then you could always post pics of your maps in the "Screenshot Criticism Thread" so people can ask you what to fix or make it look better Wink

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 05:44 PM by Radical Batz.)
11-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

I might help you, but not do entire maps from scratch because I take a long time to finish them lol, if you're interested I might give you some screens

listen to boards of canada
11-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Website Find
Straxedix Offline

Information  RE: Someone with good Mapping skills.

(11-14-2014, 10:50 PM)Hardy Floppy Arm Wrote: I might help you, but not do entire maps from scratch because I take a long time to finish them lol, if you're interested I might give you some screens

That's really nice from you i would appreciate that help Smile

(11-14-2014, 05:38 PM)Mr. Badcatz Wrote:
(11-14-2014, 05:36 PM)Straxedix Wrote: Well i have few maps and some work but it is bad, so i need someone who could make some maps for me if is possible.

I would love it if you could post some pics of your maps as pics on the forum.., or to make your maps better, then you could always post pics of your maps in the "Screenshot Criticism Thread" so people can ask you what to fix or make it look better Wink

Sounds like good idea Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 06:17 AM by Straxedix.)
11-15-2014, 06:14 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Excerpts from A Light In The Dark:
[Image: VjUbBwR.jpg]

[Image: alitd20.png]

A room I made:

[Image: cellarthing01.png]

And a thing I made more than a year ago:
[Image: catturapiscio10final2.png]

make sure the mod is worth helping though

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 01:42 PM by Hardarm.)
11-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Website Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

I have lots of free time these days that I could have time to help you with the mapping Strax but hope the mod is good as all the hard work we'll do for the mapping as "Hardy Floppy Arm" suggested. As I mostly map for very high quality mods.. I can detail, polish and make the maps as atmospheric as they can be Big Grin If you wanna see my work, I already posted screenies on this thread.

But if you wanna see more of my work, here ya go..

Spoiler below!
[Image: bcst28G.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 8qRC3Mo.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: WIWAQ5c.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 02:13 PM by Radical Batz.)
11-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Find