Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Vertex Shaders Fail (Steam)
Fhajad Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Vertex Shaders Fail (Steam)

I can't get Overture to start in Steam due to my card "Not supporting vertex shaders" when I know full well it does.

Might be a Windows 7 problem. :/
06-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Find
gagoloth Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Vertex Shaders Fail (Steam)

Nope i have the same problem i got the penumbra pack from steam three days ago and i still can play it ether the game has some weird shaders that everyones cards can handle but the game says we cant you could try to uninstall all video drivers restart download the newest video drivers install them restart then try again. but that didnt work for me even though i used a driver cleaner to delete them i tryed to do what they say to fix this problem but is dose not work but you can still try.DodgyDodgy

"If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the alter of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." "Yann Martel"
06-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Vertex Shaders Fail (Steam)

Please say what graphics card you have.

This is some problem with the OpenGL drivers. Try this:

1) Download the latest drivers for your graphics card:
2) Uninstall the graphics card drivers.
3) Restart computer
4) Install new drivers.

Unless you have a really old card, the game shall work. The problem lies in the drivers.
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Find