Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Love this series!
Dakora Offline

Threads: 2
Love this series!

I just started playing this game for my YouTube Channel and I am loving it like crazy! Smile and I have a few questions for anyone out there! After I play through the dark descent and A machine for pigs and most likely penumbra, is there any other similar atmospheric/horror games that are similar to this series? Can't wait to play A machine for pigs next! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/c/DakoraJ
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2015, 01:31 AM by Dakora.)
11-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Love this series!

A Machine for Pigs isn't as good as The Dark Descent, so don't expect as good game.

I have been looking for some games for my own channel as well. There are lots if you dig around a little, even more if PC isn't the only platform you plan to play on.

Games coming in mind right now (not in any particular order and may vary in quality): Alien: Isolation, Among the Sleep, Outlast, Scratches, Doorways, Condemned, Cryostasis, Cry of Fear, Dead Space, S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

11-25-2014, 11:10 PM
Website Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(11-25-2014, 11:10 PM)IIPEE Wrote: A Machine for Pigs isn't as good as The Dark Descent, so don't expect as good game.

In defence of AMFP, It's more focused on telling it's story(which isn't a bad thing) then scares/monster encounters but for what it is it's brilliant. The recommended mind-set when going to play AMFP is to expect a more story-focused game with less monster encounters/scares and it's more linear, don't get hopes to high.

I say AFMP is just as good as TDD but in a different type of way.
11-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(11-25-2014, 11:10 PM)IIPEE Wrote: A Machine for Pigs isn't as good as The Dark Descent, so don't expect as good game.

That's true. But AMFP was not meant to be a clone of the original. It is more like a drama instead of a frightening horror game, but with a brillant story. The story is even better than in the original - and even the best of all video games/movies/books out there. Music and atmosphere are also from highest qualities.

The only disappointing are the missing interaction, simple puzzles and less scarifying compared to the original.

But it's still one of the best horror games out there. It's just a different masterpiece!

(11-25-2014, 11:10 PM)IIPEE Wrote: Games coming in mind right now (not in any particular order and may vary in quality): Alien: Isolation, Among the Sleep, Outlast, Scratches, Doorways, Condemned, Cryostasis, Cry of Fear, Dead Space, S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

Neverending Nightmares, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Pineview Drive, Dark Fall: Lost Souls, Silence of the Sleep, The Cat Lady, Downfall (2009 original and 2015 remake), Claire, Montas, Huntsman: The Orphanage, Slender: The Arrival, DreadOut, Daylight, Alice: Madness Returns, The Hatman, Coma: Mortuary, Stowaway, One Late Night, Cradle, The Midnight Game, Vanish, Erie, Enola, Fibrillation, Tower22, Shadow of a Soul, ASYLUM, Darkness Within, Ether One, Routine, Caffeine, U55: End of the Line, Call of Cthulhu, Silent Hill 1-3, and many many more...
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2014, 12:53 PM by Googolplex.)
11-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Find
Onlinezigeuner Away

Threads: 0

Not all of them are in the same category as Amnesia or Penumbra.

I have played:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl, Cry of Fear, Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Afraid of Monsters, System Shock 2, Dead Space 1 (maybe), F.E.A.R. 1

Seen from Let´s Plays or heard good things about:

One Late Night, Bunker 16, Phobia 1.5, Five Nights at Freddys, SCP: Containment Breach, Silent Hill, Resident Evil (older Ones?), Babysitter Bloodbath, Outlast, White Day, Slender

Good Amnesia custom stories I have played:

White Night, La Caza, Tenebris Lake, The Great Work, Followed by Death, The Attic, Emma´s Story, Gary - Dark Secrets, Obscurity, Rain, Poisonous, Cannibalism, A Coward´s Debt, Nepsis, Deterioration, Insanity Nocturnal Confusion
12-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Website Find