Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can't get my mouse to work. Stuck to the left of the screen!
nicholam Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Can't get my mouse to work. Stuck to the left of the screen!

Good Day

I recently purchased and installed The Penumbra colletion on steam. When I run the game the mouse pointer is stuck to the left of the screen. If I move the mouse very quickly I can get it to move to the right but then it snaps right back. I have disconnected all my other gaming devices and tried a couple of mice. The problem persists. I am running Windows Vista 64 with the latest updates.

My mouse is a logitech G5 with the latest Setpoint Drivers.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2009, 06:47 PM by amoeba801.)
06-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't get my mouse to work. Stuck to the left of the screen!

Very strange...

I am not sure what the problem might be. Perhaps the graphics drivers are messing with it.

1) Download the latest drivers for your graphics card:
2) Uninstall the graphics card drivers.
3) Restart computer
4) Install new drivers.
06-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Find
nicholam Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't get my mouse to work. Stuck to the left of the screen!

(06-08-2009, 04:07 PM)Thomas Wrote: Very strange...

I am not sure what the problem might be. Perhaps the graphics drivers are messing with it.

1) Download the latest drivers for your graphics card:
2) Uninstall the graphics card drivers.
3) Restart computer
4) Install new drivers.

Ok I just did this. I updated to the latest Catalyst drivers. Still no good.
06-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Find
DrunkenMonk87 Offline

Threads: 0

Im having the exact same problem with all 3 games. Im also running vista. Ive tried installing new drivers, using different resolutions and compatibility modes. Nothing has worked so far. Ive also posted on the steam forums and no one knows how to fix this.
06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The only solution I can recall ever having read about this is that a user switched his mouse and then it worked. I think he had a wireless to start with and got this problem, then with a wired mouse it worked. Could also be he switch USB port, or bypassed using a USB hub.
06-09-2009, 05:49 AM
Website Find
nicholam Offline

I have tried both a G5 laser mouse (2 different mice) and a logitech MX3000 wireless mouse. I have also tried many different usb ports. So far no change.
06-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Find