Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing AMFP Assets into Custom Story
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
Importing AMFP Assets into Custom Story

I've been beta-testing my cs through a friend who doesn't have AMFP installed on their computer to see what does and what does not show up.

So far we're having problems with the wine glasses and the secret door from the mansionbase set (secret_door02.ent). For the wine glasses, the glasses are not showing up, just the wine, and for the door, the back is not there, so you can see right through the door and wall.

Not sure how to go about fixing these. Well, I would suppose it's just a matter of finding the right files to transfer over, but which files?

12-10-2014, 03:24 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Importing AMFP Assets into Custom Story

(12-10-2014, 03:24 AM)AGP Wrote: I've been beta-testing my cs through a friend who doesn't have AMFP installed on their computer to see what does and what does not show up.

So far we're having problems with the wine glasses and the secret door from the mansionbase set (secret_door02.ent). For the wine glasses, the glasses are not showing up, just the wine, and for the door, the back is not there, so you can see right through the door and wall.

Not sure how to go about fixing these. Well, I would suppose it's just a matter of finding the right files to transfer over, but which files?

It's probably not a wise idea sharing the content of AMFP with someone who doesn't own the game. They will have to purchase the game copy all of the AAMFP content to their ATDD root folder, it should then work.
12-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Importing AMFP Assets into Custom Story

Well, FG did give permission for the assets to be used in mods, which are freeware. I took it as allowance to distribute at least the entities/models.

But one thing that maybe should be done instead is to add a requirement for AMFP assets to be imported by the player, because if every mod that makes use of them have their own download for them, there will be a lot of duplicate files in the folder and an unnecessary amount of space used in the end. Either that or add a separate download for the assets, just in case they already have them.

As for this issue, perhaps you forgot to include a certain texture file? Not all textures are in /entities and /static_objects. The /textures folder might include something you missed.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 08:32 AM by Mudbill.)
12-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Find