Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
The Subconscious Trials [FULL RELEASE]
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
The Subconscious Trials [FULL RELEASE]

[Image: header.jpg]

The year is 2028. Your name is Alen Torrence. Times are rough, you can hardly support your family anymore in a rapidly failing economy, and they're likely the only thing you keep living for. You need a miracle or things will get dark, fast.

Luckily, one comes in the middle of the night, when a stranger rings your house giving you muffled instructions to meet at an abandoned building on the outskirts of town with a very large sum of money on the line. Of course, you accept immediately.

The building looks desolate upon arrival, but as the lights flicker on you realize there might be more going on than you would have bargained for. A man known as Dr. Happerford explains to you that for you to get the money you must participate in the preliminary studies for a new experimental drug running under the title of DC02. He vaguely explains that it allows you to experience dreams in a more realistic and vivid way than usual, though the specific circumstances are left unclear. Despite the shady circumstances you accept.

The story runs deeper though. It becomes immediately clear that whatever science this man had been toying with had far greater implications than you ever could have expected and the history behind DC02 is a lot longer, and a lot darker than you could have imagined. As Dr. Happerford starts to unfold you realize the severity of the situation, but by then the your only hope if to find your own way through the maze of your mind, and the further you go the less clear it becomes if you'll ever make it back...

[Image: Screen_Shot_2012-07-07_at_7.58.35_AM.png]

As many of you know this has more or less been an on going project for a little over the last 3 years. It's been worked on by countless people, levels have been made and remade, a ton of original content has been created for it (including a fully original soundtrack by Logan Felber/Kurton). What we've made here is the product of hundreds of hours of dedication, and hopefully some of that should translate into a pretty cool experience. We hope you enjoy.

[Image: mansion1.png]

What to expect:
  • Fully original soundtrack
  • About 8 hours of gameplay total
  • 10 original, polished levels
  • Original art by almost a dozen artists both on and off the forum
  • Original gameplay elements new to Amnesia
  • An in depth, detailed story

[Image: limbo.png]

IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
  • This entire thing is built around the story and as a result if you don't read notes/mementos you will most likely have no clue what to do in most of the maps
  • This can be a very graphically demanding mod, and while we did our best to optimize it you might want to bump your graphics settings down a notch if FPS is a big deal for you
  • For some reason the dialogue skips while playing in windowed mode, but from what we've found it's a problem with the engine and there's not much we can do about it. So you know, don't do that
  • Sanity drain isn't supposed to be active in any of these maps but I've seen from quite a few people that for whatever the script we have to deactivte it isn't working, so it's a good idea to turn off the sanity visual effects in the settings before playing to get the right experience

We dedicated ourselves to putting this out before the end of 2014 and have spent the last 10 days slaving over it to get everything functional, but as a result some parts might still be a little rough. Everything we found we were able to fix, but as these things usually go I'm sure as people start to actually download and play this a lot more issue will arise. Expect patches to come in the next few days to fix up any issues, and hopefully this version should be good enough to start.

With all that said, as I'm sure many of you know this project has been a huge deal to me and countless other people, and I hope that you all enjoy what we've come up with.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 01:43 AM by Kman.)
12-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: The Subconscious Trials [FULL RELEASE]

OMFG, It's here! Downloading NOW! Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
12-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

im having like an out of body experience right now have fun with this ill be back in like 4 hours to see what happens here goodnight

a few things to note

- im gonna type up a guide to this tomorrow in case anyone gets stuck at any point
- the full soundtrack by logan is up on bandcamp right now but it needs to be taken off private, so that'll be up tomorrow
- im gonna be out of town for a few days so i wont be able to do as much, but logan is gonna try to get on early tomorrow to patch any serious issues that may come up

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014, 03:48 PM by Kman.)
12-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Website Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Offcourse downing :O
Hope to be able to play today.
WIll be back with revieuw (bugs\glitches)
This will be SUPERB!
I'm sure!
12-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

When entering the second level and I got those tasks to do and I open that wooden door all I see is missing a lot of walls, which ruins my experience immediately, did I miss something, I don't think so because I have Amnesia 1.3 patch installed and all the latest things.

Where's the problem? I need to continue playing this... :/

“Life is a game, play it”
12-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Pff..
Only the water (aqua) can be added to the "Final" solution...
Stuck here..
THis is a VERY annoying puzzle!
No hints or what so ever...
Also.. why do i need the needle and meat there??...
Please add more clues notes \ quests....
Overall..
Some glitchedrydoos here and there,..
Overall not so bad now..
Also closet or drawer isnt visable.... I see the doors only

HELP NEEDED.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014, 05:04 PM by DnALANGE.)
12-26-2014, 05:03 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

map 2 is made almost entirely out of the wallpaper pack (im sure you know the one im talking about since you've been around so long humi) - the 1.3 update kind of fucked them up but we fixed them. i can't get on till later like i said so i can't work on a fix now but im certain its an issue with that model pack not loading in for you, considering lange got to the next map fine things seem hopefull at least

lange - if you pick up the diary entry on the desk by the window that's supposed to hint to you that there's a monster of some kind locked in the study and you can lure it out by dropping the meat down the hole, though dropping it as you found it won't work, so you have to do something more to it. from what you've said im guessing you've created the poisonous substance already, all you have to do from there is combine it with the needle to fill it and then inject the meat, and then if you dropped the poisoned meat down the hole it should lead the monster out and kill it and open up the pathway to the exit.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014, 06:10 PM by Kman.)
12-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Website Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82

There's been damn alot of talking about this mod. Judging from how long this has been developed, I hope it will give as much gameplay as my own current mod.

Derp.
12-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

here's my review:
///Negatives///
The car was upside down, even when I was driving
2 workbenches stuck inside 2 other workbenches
The mansion map with he tasks..all the walls where gone and upside down so i can loom through the whole map

///Advantages///
Well you had custom stuff which is always pretty neat
puzzles wasn't too bad//

My info is, Next time make sure you tested it a lot of times and beta tested it

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014, 07:42 PM by Radical Batz.)
12-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

it was fully tested multiple times, the 1.3 update unfortunately fucked a lot of stuff up which (apparently) isnt consistent for everyone. like i spent a whole night fixing the walls because they all got spun around on their axises at seemingly random amounts

anyways since this is a bigger problem then i imagined im gonna take the DL down for now and i'll put it back up whenever we can figure out how to fix all this

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014, 07:57 PM by Kman.)
12-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Website Find