Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Where do I get my serial number
RocketRakoon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Where do I get my serial number

Tonight I downloaded the Penumbra bundle from GamersGate. It seems to have downloaded properly but when I try to launch Overture it asks me for my serial number. Nowhere in any of the email confirmations did I get a serial number for this bundle...am I missing something?
Sad:
07-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Where do I get my serial number

edit, I replied and thought you had bought the Windows version. The GG version of Mac does indeed have a serial, if you did not get a serial, please contact GG support to receive one or to get help on where to find it. I think that if you login on their site and go to your games section you will see the serial below the name of the game in the list.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2009, 10:09 AM by jens.)
07-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Website Find
Lopez Offline

Threads: 0

(07-20-2009, 07:46 AM)jens Wrote: There is no serial for the GG version. You sure you don't have Overture since before or something similar and you run that by mistake? Sounds silly, but I really have no other suggestion. There is no serial for the GG version and as no one has posted a problem about it during the weekend, it must be working correctly.

I also downloaded the game this weekend from the Frictional Games site and have the same problem. Is there even a CD code for the game?
07-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

If you downloaded the game from us you got a receipt with a serial for the game, the same receipt that also gave you the download locations.
07-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Website Find
RocketRakoon Offline

(07-20-2009, 10:06 AM)jens Wrote: If you downloaded the game from us you got a receipt with a serial for the game, the same receipt that also gave you the download locations.

Here is the entire text of what I got from GG:

Dear Richard Roszak, thank you for shopping with us.

If you have already completed your payment, please disregard this information. To complete your order, you will need to complete your payment. We will only be able to process your order once your payment has been completed.
If you have placed this order by mistake you may disregard this e-mail, you will not be billed.

Order-id: 973591
Penumbra Collection Mac 4.95
Total $4.95

To download the game, go toMy Games on GamesGate.com.

If you have questions, please review these frequently asked questions

Dont forget to give other gamers feedback by rating your game

I don't see a signature on this. And I am using a Mac Pro if that matters.
07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

And there is no serial under My Games on gamer's gate?

Please contact GG about this problem, it's their store and they're likely to be able to fix any problems the quickest.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2009, 02:22 PM by jens.)
07-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Website Find
hiroru Offline

Hi, I buyed Penumbra Collection last friday from GamesGate and I get my serial number in last screen, after paying but not inside recipient email.

I buyed it too from FrictionalGames.com (to another mac) and I have serial inside recipient email.
07-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Website Find
RocketRakoon Offline

(07-20-2009, 02:21 PM)jens Wrote: And there is no serial under My Games on gamer's gate?

Please contact GG about this problem, it's their store and they're likely to be able to fix any problems the quickest.

OK. I was able to find my serial number under My Games on Gamer's Gate. Thanks for the pointer!
07-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Find