Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

forward/backward keys don't work?
anthony.tuininga Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago forward/backward keys don't work?

Hi,

I just got a chance to try the games after I bought them last weekend and managed to get things running on my system (Fedora 11 x86_64) after poking about this forum for a bit. I then tried the tutorial and discovered something weird. Specifically, the forward, backward, strafe left, strafe right and jump keys don't appear to work. The ESC key works fine. So does the lean left and lean right keys. So does the mouse. Anyone got any idea why this wouldn't work as expected? I even changed the keys to the cursor keys and that doesn't work either. Stumped!

Anthony
Ok. Never mind. I copied the "default_settings.cfg" file from the "config" subdirectory and that is what caused the problem. When I undid that copy and went back to the shipping defaults all was well.

(07-26-2009, 05:16 AM)anthony.tuininga Wrote: Hi,

I just got a chance to try the games after I bought them last weekend and managed to get things running on my system (Fedora 11 x86_64) after poking about this forum for a bit. I then tried the tutorial and discovered something weird. Specifically, the forward, backward, strafe left, strafe right and jump keys don't appear to work. The ESC key works fine. So does the lean left and lean right keys. So does the mouse. Anyone got any idea why this wouldn't work as expected? I even changed the keys to the cursor keys and that doesn't work either. Stumped!

Anthony
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2009, 05:44 AM by ky7en.)
07-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Find