Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character freezes in place every 5-30 seconds.
Heartomaton
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Character freezes in place every 5-30 seconds.
Okay, here's the deal, I just built this computer a couple of months ago to start my own YouTube channel yada yada yada. Anyway, it's a beast, and no game I've thrown at it has been a problem to run one the highest settings offered.

Then there's Amnesia. Should also be no problem, right? I have everything in the settings maxed out, as per usual, and the game itself looks glorious. No screen tearing, no lag, no crashing, textures are vibrant (Well, as vibrant as they should be, considering the game in question. Shit's dark.) and beautiful, nothing seems to be wrong.

However, every time I do anything, open a door, light a torch, pick up a tinderbox, whatever, Daniel just... sits there. I can still look around, and more often than not can still open my inventory and journal (though there are times when I can't). No jumping, no crouching, no running, nothing. How long I'm stuck varies, but so far I could stay in one spot for anywhere from three seconds to a minute and a half. Very, very frustrating, especially when you're trying to record a game, and no matter how many times I berate the game and tell it to stop being a jackass, it is unrelenting. Please help.
01-05-2015, 05:24 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Character freezes in place every 5-30 seconds.
If you do not run a recording software, how does it work then?
Also don't max out the SSAO, it has no real visual benefit, only causes a massive performance drop.
01-05-2015, 08:13 AM
Website Find
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Character freezes in place every 5-30 seconds.
I am recording, I use Nvidia's Shadowplay.

I will try lowering the SSAO, and see if that helps.
01-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.