Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Custom entity purple
goodcap Offline

Threads: 112
Custom entity purple

I've used Maya before for custom entities, so I know how it works. With this entity tho, I seem to have a problem. No matter what I try, the entity is always purple in the modeleditor. I hope somebody can help me out.

Folder with custom entity files: [Image: wkoSH6p.jpg]
Modeleditor: [Image: 13WB5eB.png]
01-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Custom entity purple

Your bringing a model that belongs in Battlefield 3, that belongs to EA into Amnesia for what legitimate reason?
01-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

It's obviously caused by the texture, but you provided no info on it. The image does not show your textures, just the folder they are inside. The setup you have is not exactly the standard for Amnesia. I'd say you should place the textures along with the model in the same folder and have them function together from there.

As for the legal reasons here, I don't really care. For all I know you might just be doing this for fun. Just know that you probably shouldn't release it if you get it working though.

01-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Find
goodcap Offline

Threads: 112

(01-05-2015, 05:15 PM)Mudbill Wrote: It's obviously caused by the texture, but you provided no info on it. The image does not show your textures, just the folder they are inside. The setup you have is not exactly the standard for Amnesia. I'd say you should place the textures along with the model in the same folder and have them function together from there.

As for the legal reasons here, I don't really care. For all I know you might just be doing this for fun. Just know that you probably shouldn't release it if you get it working though.

here you go

[Image: 0eJ8yRU.png]
01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Find