Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to export animations in FBX?
Nikson. Offline

Threads: 22
How to export animations in FBX?

I'm struggling with a custom model that I would like to have custom poses on.
But I don't know how to export FBX animations! I have 3ds Max.
Could someone help?

[Image: fnaf3_by_maybeanothercat-d8flfz4.gif]
01-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: How to export animations in FBX?

Select all animated bones as these are the only ones you want exported in the animation file, go to Export Selected and as you're saving set your file format to Autodesk FBX, now tick the checkbox for animation, enter the frames that should be used and make sure to tick ''Resample all''

You should be good to go after that.
01-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Find
Nikson. Offline

Threads: 22

(01-09-2015, 08:51 PM)Traggey Wrote: Select all animated bones as these are the only ones you want exported in the animation file, go to Export Selected and as you're saving set your file format to Autodesk FBX, now tick the checkbox for animation, enter the frames that should be used and make sure to tick ''Resample all''

You should be good to go after that.

Thanks for the help! I finally decided to use DAE though, but there is a problem. When I export the DAE the model is very low poly. Is there a reason why?

[Image: fnaf3_by_maybeanothercat-d8flfz4.gif]
01-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

No clue what you are on about! I personaly don't use DAE because it is a horrible, horrible, horrible file format compared to FBX.

There might be some optimization checkbox or something? I couldn't tell without seing it myself.
01-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Find