Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Crash at the hydraulic door
Grafit Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crash at the hydraulic door

Hi,

I Played the game for several days without any problem (game bought through STEAM) and I just arrived at the Hydraulic door just before the end of the game.
I open it with the crowbar and have the loading screen for the next level ("as I stepped into the mouth..."), but then the game crash and I have the 'BlackBox' saying:
Penumbra caused an exception_access_violation in module penumbra.exe at 001B:0058C050

and

stack trace
001B:0058C050 penumbra.exe
001B:00592DEB penumbra.exe

I can't finish the game. Can anyone help me, please ? Thanks.
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Find
Grafit Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crash at the hydraulic door

Hi again.

Well, I found the solution of this problem on the steam forum of the game:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...p?t=909147

I applied the Official Patch pointed to <SteamPath>\steamapps\common\penumbra overture\ as indicated and there is no more crash.

I have finished the game and will going to install the sequel.

I expect this can help anybody else with the same problem.

Thanks for reading my thread
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Find
Klesk Reaver Offline

Threads: 0

I had this EXACT same issue! I also bought the collector's edition on Steam and have had no problems with the game all the way through to that hydraulic door, I go to open it with the crowbar, I see the text as it is loading the next area for about 1 second and BAM! crash, game minimises and up comes that bug application with EXEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I haven't tried the fix that you have linked yet Grafit but just wanted to thank you in advance for the info that will fix it, so close to the end of the game and this has to happen now of all the times Tongue
09-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Find
iago-x86 Offline

Threads: 0

I'm having the same issue, except I am playing the Penumbra Collection on Linux. I can't disable updates in Steam, nor can I install an actual update. I have no idea what to do, besides watch the ending on Youtube.

What a mood killer, though! Holy crap! I'm right near what I think is the end, crazy stuff just happened, my heart's beating, and...... BLAMMO! Argh.. what a way to ruin an experience. Sad

<EDIT> I reinstalled the game and also fiddled with the graphics settings. One of them fixed it, but I wish I could tell you which. At least it's working now, but really did kill the ending for me Undecided
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2009, 03:26 AM by jaom7.)
09-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Find