Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The procedure entry point Error :(
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: The procedure entry point Error :(

(01-16-2015, 02:34 PM)Romulator Wrote: You've put the Level Editor into the right folder? All the .dlls should be there assuming you installed Amnesia then installed the 1.3 update..

OMG what's WRONG :?

yes i did everything but now i get the freaking
"
The procedure entry point vorbis_synthesis_halfrate could not be located in the dynamic link library libvorbis.dll.
"

what is this Sad tons of errors.. :S
01-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10

Looks like you have library version mismatches or some other type of binary incompatibility.

Quote:first i got SDL and i installed it and placed in the map then i get blabla...
Binary incompatibility might happen when the DLLs/EXEs that need to cooperate are compiled with different compilers, even if their versions are correct. Don't use any DLLs you've found on random places on the internet, only use those that came with the game, tools or with the updates; they should work together as expected.

Can you delete everything (backup your custom story files first) and do a clean reinstall of the game, and then install all the updates required? That might help.
01-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(01-16-2015, 04:01 PM)TheGreatCthulhu Wrote: Looks like you have library version mismatches or some other type of binary incompatibility.

Quote:first i got SDL and i installed it and placed in the map then i get blabla...
Binary incompatibility might happen when the DLLs/EXEs that need to cooperate are compiled with different compilers, even if their versions are correct. Don't use any DLLs you've found on random places on the internet, only use those that came with the game, tools or with the updates; they should work together as expected.

Can you delete everything (backup your custom story files first) and do a clean reinstall of the game, and then install all the updates required? That might help.

uhmm.. yes but i downloaded them on DllDump.com or something like that...
01-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10

Yes, but, security is not an issue, it's not that they may be malicious, but rather that they are likely not built the same way from the source code, i.e. not produced under the same "rules", to put it that way. That is, even though they were made from the correct version of the source code, and implement all the right things, the game expects to access that functionality in a certain way, but the DLL is not providing it in that way, on the binary level.
This could happen if, say, Frictional Games used one compiler, but the DLL you've found on the net was created with another, or something along those lines.

If so, then they can't communicate with each other - and as a consequence programs that want to use them, but were produced under a different set or rules, won't work.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015, 06:36 PM by TheGreatCthulhu.)
01-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(01-16-2015, 06:33 PM)TheGreatCthulhu Wrote: Yes, but, security is not an issue, it's not that they may be malicious, but rather that they are likely not built the same way from the source code, i.e. not produced under the same "rules", to put it that way. That is, even though they were made from the correct version of the source code, and implement all the right things, the game expects to access that functionality in a certain way, but the DLL is not providing it in that way, on the binary level.
This could happen if, say, Frictional Games used one compiler, but the DLL you've found on the net was created with another, or something along those lines.

If so, then they can't communicate with each other - and as a consequence programs that want to use them, but were produced under a different set or rules, won't work.

oww... so i have to Erase Amnesia fully.
And then install it Again...
Okey Smile i understand Tongue
01-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Find