Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Game Crash on Loading Screen [Already checked the troubleshooting guide!]
Lv426ify Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia Game Crash on Loading Screen [Already checked the troubleshooting guide!]

Main Game also crashes in the same way. The game will start up normally and get to the main menu, but when I try to play a game and it's on the first loading screen, it will not respond and the screen will turn white with a message.
The message comes up on loading screen on certain Custom Stories and Main Game:
"Amnesia.exe is Not Responding." The music is still playing when it stops.
Only a couple of Custom Stories work with no problems such as The Four Horsemen, but most of the others, namely The Great Work, A Coward's Debt, and La Caza. It has the version 1.3 update and I checked for updates on my laptop (using Windows 8) and it says everything is up to date.

I noticed this first happened after I loaded 3 new Custom Stories to the custom_stories folder: Amnesia: The Eight Pages, The Four Horsemen, and The Attic. After I found that the other games were failing, I deleted the new Custom Stories, but there is no difference.

Since I am new at owning a laptop, I'm not very certain on what other folders I might need to check, though I have made myself very familiar with the "redist" folder. I apologize for that, but I have looked for hours on ways to solve this and have come up with nothing.

If anybody could explain how to fix it as simply as you can (if you can), I would be most appreciative.

Thank you very much,
Lv426ify
01-17-2015, 12:39 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Game Crash on Loading Screen [Already checked the troubleshooting guide!]

HPL log.

01-17-2015, 03:10 AM
Find
Lv426ify Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Game Crash on Loading Screen [Already checked the troubleshooting guide!]

(01-17-2015, 03:10 AM)7heDubz Wrote: HPL log.

I'm using the Retail version, not Steam
01-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

We still need the HPL.log

Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8.x: Documents\Amnesia\Main\
Linux: .frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/Main
01-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Find
Lv426ify Offline

(01-17-2015, 08:03 PM)Traggey Wrote: We still need the HPL.log

Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8.x: Documents\Amnesia\Main\
Linux: .frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/Main

Version 1.31

-------- THE HPL ENGINE LOG ------------
Creating Engine Modules
--------------------------------------------------------
Creating graphics module
Creating system module
Creating resource module
Creating input module
Creating sound module
Creating physics module
Creating ai module
Creating gui module
Creating generate module
Creating haptic module
Creating scene module

Initializing Resources Module
Creating loader handlers
Creating resource managers
Adding loaders to handlers

Initializing Graphics Module
Init lowlevel graphics: 1024x768 disp:0 bpp:32 fs:1 ms:0 gpufmt:2 cap:'Amnesia - The Dark Descent - Loading...' posSad-1x-1)
Setting video mode: 1024 x 768 - 32 bpp
Init Glew...OK
Setting up OpenGL
Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Version: 4.2.0 - Build 10.18.10.3325
Max texture image units: 16
Max texture coord units: 8
Max user clip planes: 8
Two sided stencil: 1
Vertex Buffer Object: 1
Anisotropic filtering: 1
Max Anisotropic degree: 16
Multisampling: 1
Texture compression: 1
Texture compression S3TC: 1
Auto generate MipMaps: 1
Render to texture: 1
Max draw buffers: 8
Max color render targets: 8
Packed depth-stencil: 1
Texture float: 1
GLSL Version: 4.20 - Build 10.18.10.3325
ShaderModel 2: 1
ShaderModel 3: 1
ShaderModel 4: 1
OGL ATIFragmentShader: 0
ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!
Setting up G-Bugger: type: 0 texturenum: 3
Adding engine materials
Initializing DevIL
Vendor String: Abysmal Software
Version String: Developer's Image Library (DevIL) 1.6.8pre Aug 12 2006
Version Number: 168
***** WARNING *****
Expecting IL version 178 and found version 168
Cube Maps may not load correctly in this version and will not render correctly in game
Please use the included version of libIL and not a custom build if you have issues
***** WARNING *****
Adding engine post effects

Initializing Sound Module
Initializing OpenAL
Available OpenAL devices:
0. Generic Software on Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)(OpenAL default)
Trying to open device 'Generic Software on Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)'... Success!
Number of mono sources: 32
Streaming setup: 4 Buffers x 262144 bytes each

Initializing Game Module
Adding engine updates
Initializing script functions

User Initialization

Game Running
-------- Loading map 'menu_bg.map' ---------
Cache Loading: 924 ms
Entities: 185 ms
Compilation: 1 ms
Total: 1121 ms
Meshes created: 25
Bodies created: 5
-------- Loading complete ---------
ERROR: Sampler aGoboMap does not exist, could not bind it to unit 5
Setting profile: 'Lv426ify' Path: 'C:\Users\Elias\Documents/Amnesia/Main/Lv426ify/'
ERROR: Unable to open config file 'custom_stories/redist/custom_story_settings.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!
Error creating custom story from path "custom_stories/redist" : could not find custom_story_settings.cfg file or it was invalid.
WARNING: No resources element found in 'custom_stories/darkroom/extra_english.lang'
-------- Loading map 'darkroom.map' ---------
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/darkroom/maps/darkroom.map_cache'
ERROR: Could not map cache file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/darkroom/maps/darkroom.map'. MeshEntity Loading: 993 ms
Primitive Loading: 347 ms
Decal Loading: 13 ms
Object Combining: 0 ms
Compilation: 25 ms
Combining: 492 ms
Sorting: 126 ms
Meshes: 22 ms
Bodies: 344 ms
Static Objects: 1873 ms
ERROR: Loading entity corpse_male_1: Skeletons in mesh file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.dae) and .ent file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/billboards/darkroom/gobo_nyancat_0.tga' does not have a pow2 size!
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/billboards/darkroom/gobo_nyancat_0.tga' does not have a pow2 size!
ERROR: Loading entity corpse_male_2: Skeletons in mesh file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.dae) and .ent file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
ERROR: Loading entity servant_nyan_1: Skeletons in mesh file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/enemy/servant_brute/servant_brute.dae) and .ent file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/darkroom/servant_nyan.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
ERROR: Loading entity servant_troll_1: Skeletons in mesh file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/enemy/servant_grunt/servant_grunt.dae) and .ent file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/darkroom/servant_troll.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
ERROR: Loading entity corpse_male_3: Skeletons in mesh file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.dae) and .ent file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
ERROR: Loading entity corpse_male_4: Skeletons in mesh file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.dae) and .ent file (C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/organic/corpse_male/corpse_male.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
01-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

This is a custom story, we can not provide tech help with a custom story, please play untill the main game crashes and then submit the hpl.log, please upload the entire file using an attachment instead of copy pasting it into the thread.
01-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Find
Lv426ify Offline

Sorry, Here you go:

I tried Continuing from where I was in the game but for some reason, it started up normally with no problems. Once I tried to Load a saved game, it crashed. This is the Loaded game.

Attached Files
.docx   THE HPL ENGINE LOG.docx (Size: 14.44 KB / Downloads: 159)
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015, 09:17 PM by Lv426ify.)
01-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Don't save this kind of logs in Microsoft Word, use notepad. It's easier to navigate, and some people might now have Word installed.

I came up with an idea that this might be actually an issue with 1.3 patch. Has the game worked before you installed the patch?

And also, we are assuming that you have a legit retail version of the game, otherwise we can't help.

What I would do:

- Reinstall the game, and instead of 1.3 I would update the freshly installed, clean game to 1.2 from here
- Update your graphics card drivers,
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015, 09:46 PM by Slanderous.)
01-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Find