Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blog: "Horror Tip: Dear Esther"
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Blog: "Horror Tip: Dear Esther"

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2009...sther.html

Horror tip of an interesting half life 2 mod.
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Blog: Horror Tip: Dear Esther

I remember playing this mod a year ago or something. It was pretty atmospheric but I can't really call it a horror game. It was interesting how they told the story throughout the game. It would be interesting to see something like that in Unknown? It worked pretty well in Penumbra (during loading screens) but if it could be implemented into the actual game in some way, that would've been more than interesting.

Like having diary entries being read when certain areas are explored or when an event is taking place. The problem with this would be that the whole game needs to be a flashback or something. Otherwise there would be no entries to read.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Blog: "Horror Tip: Dear Esther"

It could be the main character's own diary or possibly a diary he reads early on. If he reads something that was a sort of foreshadow of things to come, such as the spider-hater's log or that log in the locker room after one of the spider caves speaking of adding extra security (I think that's where it's from), it would be very effective to have a monologue with a strong voice actor.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Website Find