Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Crashes
Joe Corr
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Game Crashes
The game crashes. I have a new Lenovo laptop and I used steam to download Amnesia The Dark Descent and i press play on the lowest settings. It starts loading by saying frictional games. Then it says another developer or something. It says loading, then crashes. A popup comes up and its called BlackBox. It says something is wrooooong then says if all else fails go to this website and it brought me hear. I got a Norton Security to see if that was the problem. I don't know if laptops have a graphics card, but could that be it?
02-03-2015, 02:21 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game Crashes
There are a couple issues here. Firstly, you should read the troubleshooting guide to determine your issue and/or provide the hpl.log file.

To answer your question, yes, laptops do have graphics cards, albeit generally pretty weak ones. Intel (that I assume you have) is not fully supported, so I suggest you update your drivers.

It's also possible that the antivirus software can cause issues with the game, whether it be launching or interfering.

02-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game Crashes
The problem is the actual version 1.3 of Amnesia. It seems that a lot of issues emerged in this version. I personally prefer the original 1.2 build until FG managed to fix the issues in further updates.

An other problem is that they have to focus on SOMA and there are too little resources to work on the polish of Amnesia again. They also let new people creating version 1.3.
Personally I don't need the controller support.

Waiting for further updates that fix all the stability issues...
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM by Googolplex.)
02-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.