Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to launch Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Cdub
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Unable to launch Amnesia: The Dark Descent
I purchased Amnesia: The Dark Descent from steam. The option to play the game or "Run Settings Launcher" is given upon attempting to launch the game, however, the game simply doesn't launch. No screens appear, literally nothing occurs. iv re installed the game, verified the cache files, tried renaming the files hoping the game would remake them, restarted my computer, restarted steam, almost everything. What else can i do?

Im running on windows XP, 32 bit.
im not entirely sure of my other specs but my computer handles most games with ease.
02-16-2015, 08:00 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Unable to launch Amnesia: The Dark Descent
This looks like a Steam issue. Either way, you can run the game manually if you want. Go to the the steamapps folder and start Amnesia.exe or Launcher.exe if you want to change settings etc. If everything works out, make a sortcut, no need to use steam.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015, 12:03 AM by plutomaniac.)
02-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Find
Cdub
Unregistered

(02-17-2015, 12:03 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: This looks like a Steam issue. Either way, you can run the game manually if you want. Go to the the steamapps folder and start Amnesia.exe or Launcher.exe if you want to change settings etc. If everything works out, make a sortcut, no need to use steam.

Thanks for the reply. Well, when i attempt to launch either Amnesia.exe or Launcher.exe, i receive a windows alert saying it failed.

"Amnesia.exe - Application Error"
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to Terminate the application."
02-18-2015, 12:37 AM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
This problem is computer-specific. Most probably you are missing some Visual C++ redistributables.
02-18-2015, 02:08 AM
Find
Cdub
Unregistered

(02-18-2015, 02:08 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: This problem is computer-specific. Most probably you are missing some Visual C++ redistributables.

Thank you, I was missing the latest update and downloaded it. The same problem is still persisting though. I appreciate the help youv given me already. Do you have any other suggestions?
02-19-2015, 10:24 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Check troubleshooting guide, problem x. See if the game gets so far that a hpl.log file is created, if so please post it here.
02-20-2015, 08:39 AM
Website Find
Cdub
Unregistered

(02-20-2015, 08:39 AM)jens Wrote: Check troubleshooting guide, problem x. See if the game gets so far that a hpl.log file is created, if so please post it here.

Thanks for the reply. The hpl.log didn't seem to get created, unfortunately.
02-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.