Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making a custom story... again... but?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
making a custom story... again... but?

i forgot how to let the player begin on crouch... i didn't worked on amnesia for like 4 months... and i just want to make a funny custom story for my cousin and nephew Tongue
i'm going to design it REALLY GOOD but then with a bad story and some jumpscares Tongue
i forgot alot... but i'm going to re-remember this Tongue and learn everythign back from my old threats... i made like 1 million xD but how do i start a game on crouch...
like i want that if the game starts, that i'm laying in the bed ;P
02-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: making a custom story... again... but?

(02-21-2015, 08:00 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: i forgot how to let the player begin on crouch... i didn't worked on amnesia for like 4 months... and i just want to make a funny custom story for my cousin and nephew Tongue
i'm going to design it REALLY GOOD but then with a bad story and some jumpscares Tongue
i forgot alot... but i'm going to re-remember this Tongue and learn everythign back from my old threats... i made like 1 million xD but how do i start a game on crouch...
like i want that if the game starts, that i'm laying in the bed ;P

Start with a FadeOut( 0 );, force the player to crouch ( SetPlayerCrouching ) and do a FadeIn( 4 );
To prevent him from standing up, use SetPlayerCrouchDisabled

02-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Thanks!! but i got a problem... i really forgot a lot of things... but it don't work...

this is my script :

void OnStart()
{
FadeOut( 0 );
SetPlayerCrouching;
FadeIn( 4 );
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("Key1", "Bedroom Key", true);
}

i realy forgot a lot of things.. I remember that ther are 2 of this kinda things,
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("Key1", "Bedroom Key", true);
}

{
Void blabla
} but is this needed for crouch etc to??
02-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

1. No it isn't.
2. Do you even English, brah ?
3. I would go to Mudbill's youtube tutorials and re-learn everything from scratch.

02-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(02-21-2015, 09:12 PM)Darkfire Wrote: 1. No it isn't.
2. Do you even English, brah ?
3. I would go to Mudbill's youtube tutorials and re-learn everything from scratch.

!. ok...
2. No. totally not. i just learned English from games etc.
I'm dutch. I didn't even learned English on school because earning English on school isn't really possible. but yeah. i was a little good when i was like 9 years old Tongue i played too much games...
3. i watched all of them. and i'm going to watch them again, tonight.
9:25 here Tongue

but now, i have a question too...
that mirror things, you have to use gobo etc, but that Billboard, what you attec hto the mirror so it looks like the sun is shining.... you need to do it to "fixAxis" right?! i did it but it's like... if you are looking at it from behind/in front of it, you will see nothing, so it's 2d.... can i make that part a little bigger..?
02-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Specify that mirror things. Because if you mean actual mirrors, there are no such as far as I know.

Ps. in school, not on school Smile On school means "nach Schule" I think. I speak german as bad as you speak english, though Tongue

02-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Here's something if you want to make mirrors actually work. Amn/Daemian added this to the wiki some time ago:

https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tu...ng_mirrors

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2015, 11:34 PM by Mudbill.)
02-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(02-21-2015, 09:35 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Specify that mirror things. Because if you mean actual mirrors, there are no such as far as I know.

Ps. in school, not on school Smile On school means "nach Schule" I think. I speak german as bad as you speak english, though Tongue

lol i can speak German a little bit to.. only becasue of a game xD
like Nacht der untoten or Kino der toten
(kino der toten means Cinema of the dead)
nacht der untoten (night of the living dead)
but yeah 'on' school xd
and mirror, i mean window xD a big fail i know mirror is another thing xD
but don't think i "came" from England.. xD i'm living in Holland... Whole my life Tongue so... didn't even go for 1 day to England or America etc
i Learned English from games/ youtube video's etc

(02-21-2015, 11:34 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Here's something if you want to make mirrors actually work. Amn/Daemian added this to the wiki some time ago:

https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tu...ng_mirrors

i mean windows xD sorry (and thanks, i can use mirrors to) wait!! i can't download the mirror! it says error... (modbb) it says that it is the wrong place or something like that... Sad Edit: it worked never mind
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2015, 02:44 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
02-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Find