Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DEMO] Amnesia : S.C.A.V.A
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32
Rainbow  [DEMO] Amnesia : S.C.A.V.A

S.C.A.V.A
A little story about young Adam, a man left alone by everyone he held dear. In his sorrows he drinks to forget, despite slowly losing his mind. Upon waking up later he discovers a letter left behind by his beloved woman who was murdered only a day ago. It all seems too real, but Adam's become depressed without any wish to continue his life.
His father's suspicious servants growl at night. That isn't the only strange thing going on. Adam is just about to experience that for himself...

-Requires Amnesia Patch 1.3 and Justine

Here you can download it :
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scava
Feedbacks are welcome there.

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 04:03 PM by Catalyst.)
02-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: [Release]Amnesia : S.C.A.V.A

Well it was enjoyable, but lacking effort on some parts and needs more detailing and a lot more scares, atmosphere and maybe better scripting in some parts.

My review:

Spoiler below!

Story was alright, but sometimes little confusing at the end, but executed nicely overall. Map design needs more detailing in my opinion and I think you little rushed some of the rooms, because when exploring on the maps and searching stuff some of the big rooms, It felt bland and boring at times, many maps are too bright and sometimes too dark and it's confusing and breaks the immersion at times.

Encounters are cool, but sometimes monsters bugged to the room corners or stopped chasing me, some of the events are good and scares are alright, but needs still a lot of improvement.

I was stuck couple times stupidly, finding some of the keys and that was little frustrating. Puzzles are not that good, pretty basic stuff and not original, but non-linear gameplay was satisfying and I enjoyed it most of it, dreams are nice, but "Outside enviroment like when climbing more high structures and stuff, I saw skybox placed wrongly, like just one big cube and those lines I can see easily, so it was not that realistic or I didn't felt like that.

There are one big bug I encountered and have to use my "De-bug menu to teleport other side of the door after that dream when I got my "Acid" item and that "Slime blocked my escape route" I tried click everywhere and tried acid countless times, so I gave up and used teleport and continued then, needs fixing here to make player progress correctly.

I was little surprised when ending scene comes and that fire was chasing me, it was really great idea, but executing it was'nt that satisfying and It felted kind of boring, you can improve here a lot and make even better and scarier "Escape event"

Overall it was good, but needs more gameplay, smart puzzles, more scary parts, complex design when it comes to this story. Use outside of box ideas more like "Original never seen stuff" because I have played nearly 400 stories so far and this one didn't seperate them entirely some kind of different mod.

6/10 - Pretty basic mod, but story was executed nicely Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2015, 12:24 PM by HumiliatioN.)
02-28-2015, 12:21 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(02-28-2015, 12:21 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Well it was enjoyable, but lacking effort on some parts and needs more detailing and a lot more scares, atmosphere and maybe better scripting in some parts.

My review:

Spoiler below!

Story was alright, but sometimes little confusing at the end, but executed nicely overall. Map design needs more detailing in my opinion and I think you little rushed some of the rooms, because when exploring on the maps and searching stuff some of the big rooms, It felt bland and boring at times, many maps are too bright and sometimes too dark and it's confusing and breaks the immersion at times.

Encounters are cool, but sometimes monsters bugged to the room corners or stopped chasing me, some of the events are good and scares are alright, but needs still a lot of improvement.

I was stuck couple times stupidly, finding some of the keys and that was little frustrating. Puzzles are not that good, pretty basic stuff and not original, but non-linear gameplay was satisfying and I enjoyed it most of it, dreams are nice, but "Outside enviroment like when climbing more high structures and stuff, I saw skybox placed wrongly, like just one big cube and those lines I can see easily, so it was not that realistic or I didn't felt like that.

There are one big bug I encountered and have to use my "De-bug menu to teleport other side of the door after that dream when I got my "Acid" item and that "Slime blocked my escape route" I tried click everywhere and tried acid countless times, so I gave up and used teleport and continued then, needs fixing here to make player progress correctly.

I was little surprised when ending scene comes and that fire was chasing me, it was really great idea, but executing it was'nt that satisfying and It felted kind of boring, you can improve here a lot and make even better and scarier "Escape event"

Overall it was good, but needs more gameplay, smart puzzles, more scary parts, complex design when it comes to this story. Use outside of box ideas more like "Original never seen stuff" because I have played nearly 400 stories so far and this one didn't seperate them entirely some kind of different mod.

6/10 - Pretty basic mod, but story was executed nicely Smile

Thanks for your feedback, I have 16 downloads, didn't expected Smile
Also this is demo version, I planned full release on 5 March, your feed back excited me very very Smile

Egypt CS
02-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Guys, if you are looking for a nice custom story to play, mine is still buggy, I recommend Followed by Death, both chapters, my release is planned on 5 march

Egypt CS
02-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You should have mentioned it was just a demo. That might change things.

Here's another tip for giving good first impressions: Good English.
I'm not trying to say you're not good at it, but perhaps you should have someone proof read the page. I can guarantee more people will download it if you use good grammar and spelling. It gives the impressions that this is something with effort put into it.

PS: Justine is v1.2. 1.3 is the AMFP support one.

Good luck.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2015, 02:28 PM by Mudbill.)
02-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [DEMO] Amnesia : S.C.A.V.A

Well. I played it, but I gave up about half in the game because I didn't know what's going on. You didn't tell the story to the player ! Most of it stayed in your head !
The puzzles and jumpscares were sensless most of the time, and not really tweaked enough. It's because you didn't think like a player. You need to think like "I don't know what is happening, what should I do ?"
You had some nice maps, like that one with soothing music and those flying things in the air. Some of them were kind of ugly, like the forest - you could see the sky behind the trees.
However, I have to admit you found (made ?) some fabolous sky textures- cheers to that, I couldn't find too many Sad

To summarize: This CS is a warm-up. DON'T GIVE UP!You just need to write better, and make sure your scripts work and look appealing. You can do lots of basic scripting and mapping, which is good, now use that knowledge to do something new and be creative ! People prefer to see new things rather than the same one over and over again. (at least in horror) Good luck !

03-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(03-01-2015, 09:58 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Well. I played it, but I gave up about half in the game because I didn't know what's going on. You didn't tell the story to the player ! Most of it stayed in your head !
The puzzles and jumpscares were sensless most of the time, and not really tweaked enough. It's because you didn't think like a player. You need to think like "I don't know what is happening, what should I do ?"
You had some nice maps, like that one with soothing music and those flying things in the air. Some of them were kind of ugly, like the forest - you could see the sky behind the trees.
However, I have to admit you found (made ?) some fabolous sky textures- cheers to that, I couldn't find too many Sad

To summarize: This CS is a warm-up. DON'T GIVE UP!You just need to write better, and make sure your scripts work and look appealing. You can do lots of basic scripting and mapping, which is good, now use that knowledge to do something new and be creative ! People prefer to see new things rather than the same one over and over again. (at least in horror) Good luck !

Yes I know, but as I wrote in moddb, this is just a "rain water Smile" I prepared some new for every map, and I won't give up now, ideas are crawling in my head, I fixed some of quests that are really stupid, added more encounters, and improved weather envinronment. I think you will be happy to play it when I'll finish it.

PS : On Moddb I deleted download due to progressive downloads, 57 in 2 days. So I promised all whose wish were to play my CS, a full release on 5th of March. God, I didn't expected so much auditory on my first project Smile Motivating

Egypt CS
03-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(03-01-2015, 09:58 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Well. I played it, but I gave up about half in the game because I didn't know what's going on. You didn't tell the story to the player ! Most of it stayed in your head !

All this time I thought, which map with soothing music and flying things in the air? UFO? Smile just now I realised, it was that orange map with stairs, and little light dust in the air, and halloween music. It's was my best map ever Smile

This is it?

[Image: Screen_Screenshot_123.jpg]
хостинг фотографий

Egypt CS
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015, 07:44 PM by Catalyst.)
03-17-2015, 07:41 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(03-17-2015, 07:41 PM)Catalyst Wrote:

All this time I thought, which map with soothing music and flying things in the air? UFO? Smile just now I realised, it was that orange map with stairs, and little light dust in the air, and halloween music. It's was my best map ever Smile

This is it?

хостинг фотографий

Personally i think this stuff is your best map ever
03-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(03-17-2015, 08:36 PM)Lazzer Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 07:41 PM)Catalyst Wrote:

This is it?

хостинг фотографий

Personally i think this stuff is your best map ever

Right now, but I haven't finished it yet. Thank you for your positive opinion

Egypt CS
03-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Find