Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revamped Custom Music
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Revamped Custom Music

(03-20-2015, 09:06 PM)Kurton Wrote: Welcome back Chris! I very much enjoyed that work-in-progress "Amnesia Alternate Soundtrack" pack you put out back in the day, is it still downloadable anywhere? I remember playing through the base game with it on just for the fresh soundscape. You have a style with a lot of abstract/unconventional leanings and it makes for a very otherworldly yet smooth atmosphere Smile

Thank you for the patience for my response, first of all; been busy this weekend.

Evidently you remember me from QUITE a while ago, then. If we're thinking of the same collection of pieces, some of those pieces were recycled in Amnesia: The Great Work (which in many ways I do regret monetizing the music for on YouTube), but otherwise, I had intended them strictly as a rescore of the main game. I can try to reupload the pieces that weren't used in The Great Work, though it's important to note that I feel those pieces would've been better mastered if I had made them all sometime recently.

I also appreciate the compliments about my efforts, though in the end, I do feel my music will fit better for the upcoming SOMA due to the fact that most of my music is heavy on electronic sounds, whereas let's face it: Amnesia and the majority of its custom stories are fantasy-themed and in the 19th century or earlier, over science fiction like SOMA and Penumbra.

03-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Finally uploaded another piece. This may have been from the archive that Kurton was referring to.

https://python-blue.bandcamp.com/track/a...ic-the-pit

03-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

Nice one compadre, needs some auto-panning though

03-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Yeah, I realize panning in music is without a doubt one of my weakest spots. I appreciate it all the same!

03-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Absolutly Fantastic Phython blue, you have got talent.
And hope you get donations cause you have got a true talent for music composing and ofc Damascus did a great choice to pick you for his mods.
Keep doing what you're doing Wink

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 10:08 AM by Radical Batz.)
03-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Thanks a lot, Mr. Badcatz! Smile

Uploaded another previously unpublicized piece. This was for a personal mod of The Dark Descent, this piece playing after the servants capture and imprison you.

https://python-blue.bandcamp.com/track/a...d-defeated

03-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Sounds like a good base texture for a soundscape but on its own it could use more detail, such as intermittent percussion hits or the like. If that had one or two ethnic instruments in it I swear it would sound just like something out of Riven :O (given the mood)

03-29-2015, 03:12 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Thank you for the critique. I admit Riven was a heavy influence for this particular piece, and I do realize I have a history of sounding too similar to other soundtracks, a problem I am trying to work on. As for how simple it sounds, I suppose next time it could use more instruments, though thankfully, I hadn't originally written it for anyone else.

03-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

(03-29-2015, 08:14 PM)PythonBlue Wrote: and I do realize I have a history of sounding too similar to other soundtracks, a problem I am trying to work on

I don't think it's strictly a problem unless it's actual plagiarization - I believe outside similarities can be a way to draw positive associations in some audience's minds. Such as in my case, the comment about it sounding like Riven was a compliment Smile

03-30-2015, 06:58 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Finally got around to adding another piece. This was for another possibly-abandoned Amnesia custom story.

https://python-blue.bandcamp.com/track/a...imprisoned

I checked the last edited date, and it was three years ago, so obviously, I've improved a bit since, but still, let me know what you think.

05-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Find