Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia not working?
KiraTheGreatGod Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia not working?

When i boot up my Amnesia : The Dark Descent , the loading screen, sounds and everything work perfectly fine. But, when i click on Start New Game, its just a black screen, with sound and subtitles of Daniel talking about his memory. When i am able to control the character, it only shows a white dot crosshair, and a black screen, I am able to access the journal (j) and the main menu, but nothing else. How do I fix this? My graphics card is : Itel ® HD Graphics Family
03-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia not working?

Judging by your description of the problem I'd say the most likely case is that your graphics card is not supported by the game. Most Intel graphics cards are not.

Try installing the latest drivers and see if that works. If it doesn't then I'm afraid you may be out of luck.

For more in-depth talk about graphics troubleshooting in this game, read this thread: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24129.html

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 03:51 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Find
KiraTheGreatGod Offline

(03-22-2015, 03:50 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Judging by your description of the problem I'd say the most likely case is that your graphics card is not supported by the game. Most Intel graphics cards are not.

Try installing the latest drivers and see if that works. If it doesn't then I'm afraid you may be out of luck.

For more in-depth talk about graphics troubleshooting in this game, read this thread: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24129.html

"Install the latest Drivers"? How do i do that?
03-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Find
Unregistered

It didnt work - my drivers were already up to date. Any ideas how to fix it?
03-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(03-22-2015, 04:06 PM)KiraTheGreatGod Wrote: "Install the latest Drivers"? How do i do that?

Go to Intel's official website and download the drivers that seem to suit your setup the best. At a quick glance it should be this site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

(03-22-2015, 04:34 PM)Guest Wrote: It didn't work - my drivers were already up to date. Any ideas how to fix it?

I am assuming that you have an Intel HD Graphics card like KiraTheGreatGod does. Like the troubleshooting guide states, Intel graphics cards are not officially supported. If you have updated the drivers and they still do not work you may need to buy a new graphics card for your computer since the current one (Intel HD Graphics) does not support it.

Also you can try lowering the settings and hope that it works as a last ditch effort. If it still doesn't work after that then you really may need a new graphics card.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 04:40 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Find
KiraTheGreatGod Offline

(03-22-2015, 04:38 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 04:06 PM)KiraTheGreatGod Wrote: "Install the latest Drivers"? How do i do that?

Go to Intel's official website and download the drivers that seem to suit your setup the best. At a quick glance it should be this site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

(03-22-2015, 04:34 PM)Guest Wrote: It didn't work - my drivers were already up to date. Any ideas how to fix it?

I am assuming that you have an Intel HD Graphics card like KiraTheGreatGod does. Like the troubleshooting guide states, Intel graphics cards are not officially supported. If you have updated the drivers and they still do not work you may need to buy a new graphics card for your computer since the current one (Intel HD Graphics) does not support it.

Also you can try lowering the settings and hope that it works as a last ditch effort. If it still doesn't work after that then you really may need a new graphics card.

Where would i get a new graphics card, and which one, along with whats the usual price range?

Thank you very much - i just figured out how to fix it - I had to click on the option " Search Online For New Updates", took a while but it worked, Thank you very much for the help!
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 05:02 PM by KiraTheGreatGod.)
03-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Find