Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Lighting issue
FailedExperiment Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Lighting issue

I bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent a year and three days ago (3/22/2014) and I loved it to where it became my favorite game, and I've personally dedicated my life to Amnesia, so I decided to get the Penumbra series as well. I've been playing Overture for the past 3 days, and I've made it past the part where you start the digger, and the giant grey rock worm chases you. I haven't noticed this until now, but the lighting quality is very poor, as it shades all my textures to be a pure light green (glowstick) or a solid white color (flashlight or any other natural light source), which makes it actually easier to see in darkness, which in fact forced me to turn up my gamma. I've turned off the setting (Forgot what it was called) to make my game playable (I had a white fuzzy screen in the beginning).
I also noticed in youtube videos I've seen of the game, that other players don't encounter this same issue.

Hopefully you can shed some light on this issue.

-FailedExperiment, electric water lurker.
03-26-2015, 05:43 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Lighting issue

Do you have a screenshot of how it looks? I'm curious.

03-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

What graphics card do you have? If it's Intel HD check Question 4 of the Penumbra Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide. Due to bad Intel drivers you may need to disable some settings.
03-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Find
FailedExperiment Offline

Threads: 6

Thank you, I've checked the Intel HD graphics card Question #4, and my problem was my Shader Quality. Setting it to low made lighting smooth. I'd like to say a big thank you, since I don't have to deal with pure white walls, which make things a certain texture that takes away the scary effect from the game.
03-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

I don't understand how you managed to reach that point of the game with such graphics. I remember how weird it looked before I found those working settings some years back. Still, glad you fixed it. Have fun. Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2015, 09:28 PM by plutomaniac.)
03-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Find