Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture Hotfix Problem
PunkRockDiva Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Penumbra Overture Hotfix Problem

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro graphic card and have experienced the typical graphic issues of invisible walls, partly visible objects, texture-glitching and stretching, so I downloaded the hotfix, made sure my drivers were up to date, applied the settings in ATI as specified and followed the installation instructions for the hotfix, but when I try to run the game using the new exe. file, it goes to the 'Loading...' screen, then crashes and a Fatal Error box comes up saying: Couldn't load image 'player_crosshair_cross'!

I'm not all that computer-savvy, so hopefully if this problem can be fixed it won't be too complicated, but I will appreciate any help.
08-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra Overture Hotfix Problem

Where did you buy the game from? Might be some kinda of problem the hotfix has with that system
Hotfix will not work with Direct2Drive as far I know for example.
08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Find
PunkRockDiva Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra Overture Hotfix Problem

(08-25-2009, 09:09 AM)Thomas Wrote: Where did you buy the game from? Might be some kinda of problem the hotfix has with that system
Hotfix will not work with Direct2Drive as far I know for example.

Thanks, but I got it working. I just reinstalled the game and did all the hotfix and patch updates and that seemed to workSmile:
09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Find