Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aztec Temple-Egyptic Door?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Aztec Temple-Egyptic Door?

Hello, Is there a Mod with a Level door with Aztec Temple/ Egyptic Texture?!
i have an Aztec Temple in my custom story (very weird one) and it won't fit if i use a Mansion level door, or ano other level doors, is there a mod, or can someone explain me how to do it?!
04-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Aztec Temple-Egyptic Door?

Be creative? When I think of Aztec Temples, I think of yellow/gold bricks. You could always fill the doorway with them (make them a bit larger to limit how many you put down) and when the player gets close, they have to break them down with a hammer or pull them out or something!

I know there is a brick entity. Copy and paste it, and edit its .dds (texture, which will be grey/blue) when you open it, then just adjust the overall colorization to be gold or yellow.

It's probably not as great as a door, but it could work depending on your environment. If you don't have something, think, how could I adjust using what I have?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(04-15-2015, 01:32 AM)(拉赫兰) Romulator Wrote: Be creative? When I think of Aztec Temples, I think of yellow/gold bricks. You could always fill the doorway with them (make them a bit larger to limit how many you put down) and when the player gets close, they have to break them down with a hammer or pull them out or something!

I know there is a brick entity. Copy and paste it, and edit its .dds (texture, which will be grey/blue) when you open it, then just adjust the overall colorization to be gold or yellow.

It's probably not as great as a door, but it could work depending on your environment. If you don't have something, think, how could I adjust using what I have?

I am creative, i already had an idea for this. but No. i don't need a "door" to just simply get IN the temple. i REALLY need a level door, Why?! my map is TOO BIG! it's lagging in the level editor, so i need a level door, but never mind, somehow i did the Orb room door, since my "little entrance" fits into it, perfectly Big Grin
04-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Not to say you aren't creative ~ I have yet to see an Aztec temple in Amnesia. I'm just saying that there are substitutes out there which can fit your needs. I made a few things here and there with the limited assets into new objects.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you got it solved! As long as it fits the environment, then I can assume the map will be successful! Good luck with your mod!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Find