Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] No custom stories folder?
AlanHlozek Offline

Threads: 1
[split] custom story help

Hey, uh, I have no custom stories folder as you can see in my attachment... Can anyone help with getting me squared away? As you can see, I have no redist folder...

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 174.69 KB / Downloads: 217)
05-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: [split] custom story help

You are looking in the wrong folder. The default location of the Amnesia installation is in Program files, not My Documents. My Documents holds several config files instead of the game files.

The file path for retail/non-steam will look something like this:
C:\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories

For Steam it will look something like this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 09:25 PM by Kreekakon.)
05-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Find
AlanHlozek Offline

[split] custom story help

Yes, but what if i only have the game folders, meaning profiles, a launcher, and a html, and a first start flag (whatever that is) Where do i find, and how do i make a custom stories folder? Please, any help would be great!
05-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

RE: [split] custom story help

Please stop reposting in the old thread. I have split your issue into a new thread to prevent unnecessary digging up of old threads.

As for your problem, try looking in the file locations I have given you. Also, it would assists me a bit in telling me from where you got the game so that I can more easily pinpoint where you would find your custom story folder.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 10:13 PM by Kreekakon.)
05-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Find
AlanHlozek Offline

[split] No custom stories folder?

Could someone tell me the possible locations of a custom stories folder and or how to make one? I do not have a custom stories folder. I am trying to install Nintendo castle horror... Any suggestions?

Because I have windows xp, I expect there should not be any difference... Even though it is an oldish software...

I got the game from media fire.com. I do not have a steamapps in the steam folder... Very weird...
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 11:02 PM by AlanHlozek.)
05-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: [split] No custom stories folder?

Wait, you downloaded the game from mediafire? Or you downloaded the custom story from mediafire?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-05-2015, 12:46 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Geez. Are you even looking at /redist ? If you are and there's no custom stories folder, here's how to make one:
1. Use the right button on the mouse to open a panel. Make sure that the mouse is pointing on the folder you want to make your folder in, and not pointing an existing file.
2. Click "New". Another panel will open.
3. Choose "Folder".
4. A new folder will appear. Change it's name to "custom_stories" (without the "" signs!)
5. Click enter to approve the change.
5. Voilà ! You're done !

05-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(05-05-2015, 12:03 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Geez. Are you even looking at /redist ? If you are and there's no custom stories folder, here's how to make one:
1. Use the right button on the mouse to open a panel. Make sure that the mouse is pointing on the folder you want to make your folder in, and not pointing an existing file.
2. Click "New". Another panel will open.
3. Choose "Folder".
4. A new folder will appear. Change it's name to "custom_stories" (without the "" signs!)
5. Click enter to approve the change.
5. Voilà ! You're done !

My suspicion is that AlanHlozek is looking in the wrong folder entirely and has not located redist yet.

Image by BandyGrass
05-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Find