Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture Refinery issue
BlouReed Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Overture Refinery issue

So I found the bolt cutters and the screw driver, I make it into the refinery. Up onto the platform where the controls for the rock crusher are, and I cannot operate the controls. the little hand that indicates you can pick or touch stuff does not appear. I have watched a walkthrough video and you are supposed to be able to make the crusher pistons go up and down to crawl through. but I have no way to operate the controls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overture Refinery issue

Can you go to My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode1/ and locate the save game file for the refinery, zip the file and upload it here.
10-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Website Find
BlouReed Offline

Threads: 1

Here is the last save file as requested.
FYI I have the ATI Radeon HD 4850 video card and I tried the steps listed in the ATI post. I also downloaded the hotfix but it did not fix this problem.
thanks.
10-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Find
NightOwl Offline

Threads: 0

I'm having the exact same problem, too. I watched the YouTube walkthrough videos and thought that I must have forgotten to do something somewhere. Then I read the online walkthroughs. None of them say anything about having to do something to get the little hand icon to appear over the controls in the refinery. It's just supposed to work. None of the buttons respond when I use the space bar to activate them, either. Then I find that I'm stuck in that miserable room and can't get out!

By the way, I bought the Penumbra Collection from Direct2 Drive. Dunno if that matters. I hope someone will provide an answer.
09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I think the only solution is to replay the game from a save before you enetered the refinery the first time, as it sounds as if though the saved game has become corrupt.
09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Website Find
NightOwl Offline

Threads: 0

I am happy to report that I was wrong. Even though the little hand icon still never showed up, I was able to use the buttons in the refinery. Glad I decided to give it one more try.
09-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Find