Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting from maya to hpl2 engine...
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Exporting from maya to hpl2 engine...

I have a problem with exporting.
I made something in maya.
It is finished, and I textured it (1 picture, used a lot of things)
I didn't do anything after that, (combined already lol)
So, Now I export it to FBX file, (FBX.Dae doesn't work to, it kills my textured entity, and makes it MINI, just like 0.001 scale everything. also, it's black and grey...)
So I export it with FBX, then I get an error if I open it form modelview, But it still made the Msh file, so I opened it in the modeleditor, and BANG, My whole entity was gone, So I tried selecting everything, and I saw my entity... It was in the good place, but It was invincible, no textures etc.. I really need this Sad
Or do I have to do something ?!
Like baking textures... if yes, how ;(
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 04:32 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
05-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: How does "thalers"work?

In short, Thalers are buggy. They CAN be used, but takes a fair amount of knowledge to get them working fully.

I can't tell you how to do it since I don't know myself, but I believe you can bring a prompt by modifying a chest_small's settings. You'll need to create a new model if you're thinking of using a cola machine. I have doubts you could use Thalers on a cola machine though.

They were to be included, but were excluded at some point during development. They're a hassle and rather immersion breaking in my opinion.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(05-29-2015, 01:21 PM)(拉赫兰) Romulator Wrote: In short, Thalers are buggy. They CAN be used, but takes a fair amount of knowledge to get them working fully.

I can't tell you how to do it since I don't know myself, but I believe you can bring a prompt by modifying a chest_small's settings. You'll need to create a new model if you're thinking of using a cola machine. I have doubts you could use Thalers on a cola machine though.

They were to be included, but were excluded at some point during development. They're a hassle and rather immersion breaking in my opinion.

thanks for reply!
I already made a cola machine.
The problem for now, is I can't download OpenCollada 2011 64 bit.
The site is broken if you click install Sad
But the thing is, is it possible for me, to make the thalers like.. In your inventory?!
My idea is this:
You pick up "thalers" And then can use it like an "item" And if you Use the money on the cola machine, You will buy the drink.
(I'm also trying to make a "Drinking cola" animation kinda tihng in amnesia.)
So the only real problem is I can't download OpenCollada, and I don't know how to make the thalers go into your inventory, instead of the "nowhere".
05-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Well, you need to create a new item for the thalers so that they can be added to your inventory, and I think you'll need to make an image for them.

Then its just a UseItemCallback() onto the cola machine, and spawn a soda can, or add one to your inventory.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-29-2015, 02:33 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(05-29-2015, 02:33 PM)(拉赫兰) Romulator Wrote: Well, you need to create a new item for the thalers so that they can be added to your inventory, and I think you'll need to make an image for them.

Then its just a UseItemCallback() onto the cola machine, and spawn a soda can, or add one to your inventory.

Yeah thanks Big Grin
I hope I'll find my way out for creating invetory-item thing.
The use is not a problem for me Smile If it doesn't work, I just use it on a area, that is on the machine lol, and then yeah,the soda, and some animations Tongue
05-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

RE: Exporting from maya to hpl2 engine...

Also, I can't download opencollada because the site is broken Sad
05-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Find