Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

An Exit Screen With No Pause In Horror Games
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: An Exit Screen With No Pause In Horror Games

In my opinion a horror game without pause would be epic.
Think about it, if you need to go afk you can go and hide your character somewhere "safe", but you know, while you're away, that your character is still in danger until you return.

When you return, your character may be dead, you'll have to go back to a checkpoint and try again that part but this time you gotta make sure you won't have any interruption.

I think is criminal how people scare-pause the game to escape from scary situations which devs worked very hard to achieve. And then they say the game wasn't that scary. It wasn't scary because they avoided it. Just like they avoid the fear by not playing at night, by playing surrounded with ppl, no headphones, etc.

For a horror game, you don't need pause, you don't want pause. If you want to avoid the fear, go play a facebook game or something. Sometimes I think people just use the pause because it's there, and it's optional.

06-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
RE: An Exit Screen With No Pause In Horror Games

(06-06-2015, 08:53 PM)Daemian Wrote: I think is criminal how people scare-pause the game to escape from scary situations

I agree 100%! Btw, here is a poll about the subject from some time ago!

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21982.html

06-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Find