Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing game after credits
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: [HELP NEEDED AND WANTED] Continuing game after credits

No problem, here:
Spoiler below!

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Material>
    <
Main BlendMode="Add" DepthTest="true" PhysicsMaterial="Default" Type="soliddiffuse" UseAlpha="false" />
    <
TextureUnits>
        <
Diffuse AnimFrameTime="0" AnimMode="None" Compress="false" File="game_loading_rose.jpg" MipMaps="true" Type="2D" Wrap="Repeat" />
    </
TextureUnits>
    <
UvAnimations>
        <
Animation Amplitude="0.1" Axis="Y" Speed="0.1" Type="Translate" />
    </
UvAnimations>
    <
SpecificVariables>
        <Var 
Name="HeightMapScale" Value="0.05000000074505806" />
        <Var 
Name="HeightMapBias" Value="0" />
        <Var 
Name="FrenselBias" Value="0.20000000298023224" />
        <Var 
Name="FrenselPow" Value="8" />
        <Var 
Name="AlphaDissolveFilter" Value="false" />
    </
SpecificVariables>
</
Material

Save that as .mat, then change its image in the MatEditor. (Or just edit the text at file=)

08-02-2016, 03:08 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Thanks, it works ! But there is the same problem I mentioned before. The texture rolls constantly, which means that when player is teleported to credits, they start at a random moment.

So I succeeded in making a MoveObject, but how do I make it move ? With SetMoveObjectState ?
Jeez it's the last thing I have to do for my CS and I'm so friggin stuck.

08-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(08-02-2016, 12:02 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Thanks, it works ! But there is the same problem I mentioned before. The texture rolls constantly, which means that when player is teleported to credits, they start at a random moment.

Use
PHP Code: (Select All)
void CreateEntityAtArea(stringasEntityNamestringasEntityFilestringasAreaNamebool abFullGameSave); 
to create your Credits entity at the location of your choice, signified by an area, and use a timer for when it's finished to send you back to where you wanted to go. Therefore, it should start exactly as you want.

Or, you may be able to ResetProp(); it.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 12:11 PM by Romulator.)
08-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

That might do the trick. I'll try this after I try the elevator method, because I'd have to create another, different .png for that.

Speaking of elevator method, I copied SetMoveObjectStateExt from the elevator level (and changed it appropriately), and even checked if everything is the same between my entity and elevator_wall01 in the model editor. Yet, the credits don't move a bit.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 12:37 PM by Darkfire.)
08-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Out of all the methods, I'd recommend making the credits themselves into a MoveObject. What do you mean most of the editors don't work? Were you that lucky to have the LevelEditor work but none of the others? If you have access to the ModelEditor and MaterialEditor, then you can create the entity yourself. Like I said, use some invisible mesh, then attach the billboard to it. Set the type to MoveObject and you can simply tell the entity to move upwards.

You could also just grab the example from The Small Horse part D (that was it, yeah?).

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 02:50 PM by Mudbill.)
08-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

RE: Continuing game after credits

I tried that and it didn't move up for some reason.
However, I managed to use Romulator's method: I made an entity with an animated texture attached to it, and then spawned it when needed. And I had to make some black space above the credits in the .png, so they don't disappear abruptly. Works !

Thanks for help guys, and sorry for the ruckus.

Oh, and I fixed the antivirus/editors thing. For some reason antivirus accepted only LevelEditor and HplLangTool - the rest was automatically deleted (when I extracted them from editor_suite.rar).

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 02:56 PM by Darkfire.)
08-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Find