Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Can the player meet any human characters in this game?
Alligator Offline

Threads: 1
Can the player meet any human characters in this game?

I'm curious about this, because in Amnesia, you never got to meet and talk to any of the characters face-to-face. I assume that was because the game engine had no support for facial animations - which is understandable considering it's an in-house engine created by a very small team. I'm wondering if this technical limitation still exists in SOMA (I already know that we can talk to some of the robots, but I'm curious about human characters).
06-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Can the player meet any human characters in this game?

(06-18-2015, 07:46 PM)Alligator Wrote: I'm curious about this, because in Amnesia, you never got to meet and talk to any of the characters face-to-face. I assume that was because the game engine had no support for facial animations - which is understandable considering it's an in-house engine created by a very small team. I'm wondering if this technical limitation still exists in SOMA (I already know that we can talk to some of the robots, but I'm curious about human characters).

Well, there was a video posted on YouTube where you see the player talking to a robot (that I think injured itself). He was moving his head, making movements like a normal person, so maybe that's something you're looking for.

Derp.
06-18-2015, 10:24 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

(06-18-2015, 07:46 PM)Alligator Wrote: Well, there was a video posted on YouTube where you see the player talking to a robot (that I think injured itself). He was moving his head, making movements like a normal person, so maybe that's something you're looking for.
No, he meant actual humans...
06-19-2015, 12:15 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

From what I have seen, we can meet robots which human personalities.
We can also meet humans from a non face to face perspective over comms.
We can also interact with dead humans.

But living humans, I'm not sure. It would be a spectacle to see, but I have always seen Amnesia/SOMA as an "on your own against the other" kind of game. Furthermore, I can't remember what Agrippa spoke through (if it were actually his speech and not through the air barrel thingy). Alexander spoke using telepathy, so he didn't need a mouth moving animation.

Whether we see humans with moving mouths though, has not been revealed. But if you desperately need that, you should check out Depth when it is released Cool

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
06-19-2015, 02:32 AM
Find
Alligator Offline

Threads: 1

(06-19-2015, 02:32 AM)(拉赫兰) Romulator Wrote: From what I have seen, we can meet robots which human personalities.
We can also meet humans from a non face to face perspective over comms.
We can also interact with dead humans.

But living humans, I'm not sure. It would be a spectacle to see, but I have always seen Amnesia/SOMA as an "on your own against the other" kind of game. Furthermore, I can't remember what Agrippa spoke through (if it were actually his speech and not through the air barrel thingy). Alexander spoke using telepathy, so he didn't need a mouth moving animation.

Whether we see humans with moving mouths though, has not been revealed. But if you desperately need that, you should check out Depth when it is released Cool

Agrippa only spoke through some box, so he didn't move his mouth either. I certainly can live without this feature, I'll buy the game either way, I was just curious about this.

Thanks for the replies.
06-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Find
adnyroy Offline

Threads: 0

Only some of the characters speak in the game, certainly having mouth moving animations.
06-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Can you show me where you found these mouth moving animations?
06-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

There was a time where you could see living human beings in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs:
Spoiler below!
In AMFP, once you've come back to the surface and the manpigs are attacking the city, you can catch moments of civilians running around alleys and streets taking cover from the manpigs.

As for SOMA, I'm not sure, but either way I hope the experience is still good.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
06-26-2015, 01:29 AM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I think it might end up a System Shock 2 scenario.

You'll get to where the voice is coming from only to realise it's a robot at the other end, who thinks she's human.
06-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(06-26-2015, 10:55 AM)MrSteve Wrote: I think it might end up a System Shock 2 scenario.

You'll get to where the voice is coming from only to realise it's a robot at the other end, who thinks she's human.

Lol that fits so perfectly in SOMA
06-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Find