Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skyboxes are broken in 1.3 update!
Nocturnal Offline

Threads: 14
skyboxes are broken in 1.3 update!

Hello! i am making a custom story. I have obviously noticed that the skybox is now displayed as a square, I have Amnesia: The Dark Descent on STEAM, so keep that in mind! I would like this fixed. My PC Specs are here:

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Manufacturer: Dell
Processor: Intel ® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

If Frictional Games could tell me how to fix this, since they are the ones that made the game and patch. But help from everybody would be helpful. Thanks! Big Grin
06-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: skyboxes are broken in 1.3 update!

Check out this thread here:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-29917.html

You can read it if you'd like to see their response to the issue. On the third page you can find a temporary fix for it.

06-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

Yes. I did look for threads, and found this:

https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tu...tutorial_7

It looks great, and looks good in level editor! thanks anyway, one person knows now how to help someone. Although a few people have told me some things and hasn't worked.

So i tested it out and it works really good. When my mod gets released i will post that along with my mod and additional lantern that I recommend people use for the custom story, since i don't want to make a fc mod yet. Also i watch your vids and they help me out a ton! i look at them to remember script for the game. So thanks so much! Also do you have a moddb account? i would like to talk sometime about coding and tips, ect. Thanks again!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 09:44 PM by Nocturnal.)
06-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Don't add a different lamp to your mod unless you make a FC. People will have to replace the existing one, and this will change the lamp for every other story and the main game. So to play normally they'd have to place it back, and some won't save their files, complain that you broke their game.... Just make a FC or don't add the lamp at all.

EDIT: You said optional, but bear in mind that what I said still is valid.

PS. If you need any help on script, maps etc. just write it on the forum. You might want to use only a single thread, it will be more convenient.

06-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

(06-21-2015, 10:11 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Don't add a different lamp to your mod unless you make a FC. People will have to replace the existing one, and this will change the lamp for every other story and the main game. So to play normally they'd have to place it back, and some won't save their files, complain that you broke their game.... Just make a FC or don't add the lamp at all.

EDIT: You said optional, but bear in mind that what I said still is valid.

PS. If you need any help on script, maps etc. just write it on the forum. You might want to use only a single thread, it will be more convenient.

Thanks for that, i saw that with DnAlange's Premonition amnesia mod where a lot of people said it broke their game. But in reality, they were just stupid and don't understand the difference. But yes, it is optional. And all they would need to do is make a copy and paste of the lantern file, then put it in somewhere where they would remember. Then copy and paste the NEW lantern files, also it is not the aamfp lantern but i am thinking about doing that and modifying it a bit by the spotlight. but that would be it, or if they don't make a copy of the file then they could reinstall it easily. But thanks for the heads up!
06-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You could make two versions, one custom story and one FC. You can then say you recommend the FC because it has a custom lantern, but for those who really don't like FCs, they can then choose to get the CS version.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 11:04 PM by Mudbill.)
06-21-2015, 11:04 PM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

(06-21-2015, 11:04 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You could make two versions, one custom story and one FC. You can then say you recommend the FC because it has a custom lantern, but for those who really don't like FCs, they can then choose to get the CS version.

I didn't think about that, but thats a good idea! then i can do whatever, and modify the settings a bit, like crouch size, lantern and hand, ect. So thanks for the idea!
06-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Find