Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamepad look directions are incorrect when using In Home Streaming (Steam)
acc3d
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Question  Gamepad look directions are incorrect when using In Home Streaming (Steam)
Hi Frictional. A lot of people are running into a problem when using a gamepad and Steam In-Home Streaming with Amnesia: TDD. The game works fine with a controller (Xbox 360/Xbox One) when played locally, but not when played via streaming. The left-thumbstick look controls are incorrect (pressing up makes you rotate left, etc). I know this sounds like a Steam-specific issue, but I've never had this problem with another game.

There are two discussions on the Steam community. Would you mind taking a look?

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/homest...448940348/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/57300/disc...709316021/

Thanks for your time.
07-10-2015, 05:34 AM
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Gamepad look directions are incorrect when using In Home Streaming (Steam)
This is definately a problem with steam streaming and not the game itself.

But we'll take a peek!
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 12:52 PM by Traggey.)
07-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Gamepad look directions are incorrect when using In Home Streaming (Steam)
I think he means the right thumbstick has the problem not the left one - that's certainly the problem I'm having (checked acc3d's Steam thread where he mentions it is the right stick).
07-11-2015, 10:35 AM
DarkWizard
Unregistered

(07-10-2015, 12:51 PM)Traggey Wrote: This is definately a problem with steam streaming and not the game itself.

But we'll take a peek!

I have this problem since dic 2014 (I am the original bug reporter in the in-home streaming forums, that I know). It would be great to play this fantastic game in a living room 47" screen.

I am sure the problem is with steam in-home streaming, because the game in a single machine with the Xbox 360 runs fine.
But if Frictional can give some knock in the steam door maybe it can help.

Thank you!!
07-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Traggey, I understand that this issue can probably be blamed on Steam streaming. However I haven't ever seen this issue with other games, so it is a bit puzzling. Did you have any luck duplicating/tracking down a solution?

Thanks,
ACC3D

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30249.html
07-27-2015, 01:24 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
I tested F1 2015 with a 360 gamepad and while working flawlessly locally the controls were messed up completely when streaming. So really should push for this to be looked into on Steam and not here. Could be there is something we can do to fix it, but we will not spend any time on it before the release of SOMA I'm afraid.
07-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Website Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.