Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SOMA: Preview discussion thread (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4
SOMA: Preview discussion thread (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

As the title suggest; this area is for people who have gleamed through the previews and other sources of information and now wish to discuss their content. Smile

I'll start by saying that with what found from the 'In Progress' computer screens in one of the lets plays, I believe Simon is/or was indeed human.

I think he received some kind of terrible trauma that would have killed him. Somehow he was brought back to life; similar to how Amy was.

Why he doesn't remember getting there, I don't know. Maybe the trauma he experienced damaged his memories.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 12:25 PM by MrSteve.)
07-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
RE: SOMA: Preview discussion thread (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

(07-17-2015, 12:24 PM)MrSteve Wrote: As the title suggest; this area is for people who have gleamed through the previews and other sources of information and now wish to discuss their content. Smile

I'll start by saying that with what found from the 'In Progress' computer screens in one of the lets plays, I believe Simon is/or was indeed human.

I think he received some kind of terrible trauma that would have killed him. Somehow he was brought back to life; similar to how Amy was.

Why he doesn't remember getting there, I don't know. Maybe the trauma he experienced damaged his memories.

Iv'e also noticed that Carl does not remember how he got to his situation. Maybe it's a common thing more than just trauma?

P.S: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-g647Du928 (16:08) Reminds me of Aperture Laboratories from some reasons, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ooLCfMbEI (11:20) Holy shit, what a twist. BUT I FUCKING KNEW IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN.

This forum is dead
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 12:44 PM by TiManGames.)
07-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

It's a good point, but one question springs to mind from that comment.

Why does everyone else seem to remember everyone else?

Carl asks Simon to tell people he's hurt and so does Amy. Wouldn't Simon know other people from the station, or at least where he is?

Simon may be human, but he may not have been born from a human Wink

If WAU or whatever is controlling the structure gel can make lungs and other organs to sustain people like Amy, what's to stop it from creating an actual person? It could have used other peoples body parts to make him.

So many questions :p
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 12:50 PM by MrSteve.)
07-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

New preview video, this time in Spanish:

3DJuegos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49vrhbE5tLE

07-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

(07-17-2015, 12:45 PM)MrSteve Wrote: It's a good point, but one question springs to mind from that comment.

Why does everyone else seem to remember everyone else?

Carl asks Simon to tell people he's hurt and so does Amy. Wouldn't Simon know other people from the station, or at least where he is?

Simon maybe human, but he may not have been born from a human Wink

If WAU or whatever is controlling the structure gel can make lungs and other organs to sustain people like Amy, what's to stop it from creating an actual person? It could have used other peoples body parts to make him.

So many questions :p

Actually the memory loss thing does not apply to everyone. It might be huge spolier so:

Spoiler below!
Catherine is actually a robot too. But she do aware that she is a robot. She even said "I was human once" or something like that.

This forum is dead
07-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Cool for covering that up. Even though people come here knowing there are spoilers, that one is pretty huge.

Most people probably would have guessed that one, to be fair Wink

Thanks Paddy, for the additional preview!

I'd agree to the comment about memory loss. In one of the videos posted, Simon is walking along the seabed. He encounters one of the submarine robots, inhabited by the conciousness of a man.

He seems to know he's a machine, but still says he experiences things like thirst and it's making him angry. I think a lot of the people were put inside machines against their will and are frustrated with feeling human, in the body of a machine.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 01:05 PM by MrSteve.)
07-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Another preview (German):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_9WY46s9uE

This forum is dead
07-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(07-17-2015, 02:11 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: Another preview (German):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_9WY46s9uE

Here's the related preview article:

GamePro
http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/spiele...33683.html [google translation]

07-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Here's a brief summary of everything I think I've got from the previews etc. Please feel free to add anything else you've noticed.

There are good robots and bad robots in the game
Not every conciousness knows that it's inside a machine. Many still think they're human
Whatever is controlling the site will not let people die and keeps then alive forcibly if it has to.
Paphos was multiple things. Deep sea drilling to space launch platform (extended launch tube, as long as a marathon).
Simon replenishes health by touching some kind of energy ports
The Omnitool has multiple uses in the game. Not just opening doors
When Simon traverses the sea, his 'wetsuit' just materialises in a wierd flickering motion.
He uses a transit hub (similar to Bioshock) to reach the other sites.
A presense is feeding off the structure gel, to grow.
07-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

(07-17-2015, 02:36 PM)MrSteve Wrote: Here's a brief summary of everything I think I've got from the previews etc. Please feel free to add anything else you've noticed.

There are good robots and bad robots in the game
Not every conciousness knows that it's inside a machine. Many still think they're human
Whatever is controlling the site will not let people die and keeps then alive forcibly if it has to.
Paphos was multiple things. Deep sea drilling to space launch platform (extended launch tube, as long as a marathon).
Simon replenishes health by touching some kind of energy ports
The Omnitool has multiple uses in the game. Not just opening doors
When Simon traverses the sea, his 'wetsuit' just materialises in a wierd flickering motion.
He uses a transit hub (similar to Bioshock) to reach the other sites.
A presense is feeding off the structure gel, to grow.

If Simon wears the wetsuit and he wants to use the energy ports, he won't touch it, but he will fist the port and it will "suck" his hand. Then a strange black cracks effect will appear on the screen.

This forum is dead
07-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Find