Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Structure and Layout of Pathos-II and the Greek Letters (Spoilers?)
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The Structure and Layout of Pathos-II and the Greek Letters (Spoilers?)

Ok. Cool. Thanks for clearing up.
09-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Given how the transit map is setup I wouldn't be surprised if you revisited some stations too like Lambda.
09-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Find
Hestia Offline

Threads: 0

What are these "structure gels"? What are they used for? Do those things infect us and turn into robo/humans?
09-12-2015, 04:23 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Stucture Gel is mentioned in this video from the live-action film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXqRdurmkM

But yeah, it sounds like a corrupting force like The Shadow from the Dark Descent. It's definitely what seems to be rearranging the decor around the station for sure.
09-12-2015, 04:53 AM
Find
Hestia Offline

(09-12-2015, 04:53 AM)PathOS Wrote: Stucture Gel is mentioned in this video from the live-action film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXqRdurmkM

But yeah, it sounds like a corrupting force like The Shadow from the Dark Descent. It's definitely what seems to be rearranging the decor around the station for sure.

That video is exactly the reason why I raised that question. Big Grin
09-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Find
pendentive Offline

(09-12-2015, 04:23 AM)Hestia Wrote: What are these "structure gels"? What are they used for? Do those things infect us and turn into robo/humans?

My guess is it's a gel they include within the skin of buildings so they can repair themselves when damaged. Structure gel is probably an extrapolation of what scientists are researching with materials like self healing concrete. It's really interesting how it's a symbiotic mix of living and nonliving matter. Imagine if there were nanobots in the gel that could guide its constructions. You could make anything!
09-14-2015, 11:39 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(09-14-2015, 11:39 PM)pendentive Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 04:23 AM)Hestia Wrote: What are these "structure gels"? What are they used for? Do those things infect us and turn into robo/humans?

My guess is it's a gel they include within the skin of buildings so they can repair themselves when damaged. Structure gel is probably an extrapolation of what scientists are researching with materials like self healing concrete. It's really interesting how it's a symbiotic mix of living and nonliving matter. Imagine if there were nanobots in the gel that could guide its constructions. You could make anything!

I think the real-world tech at the end will be bio-mechanical.

Imagine the computers in 50 years, bio-mechanical chips which have much bigger memory.

This forum is dead
09-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

I noticed in the Creature trailer that some of the Organic matter encountered looked red, which gave it the appearance of gross bio-matter and such (where as the structure gel seems to be black color). The structure gel likely is able to corrupt biologics as well as the inorganic.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2015, 11:46 PM by PathOS.)
09-18-2015, 11:45 PM
Find
PeterP Offline

Threads: 3

Well - I am Greek myself, I really like frictional games and all their products, but I don't really know how one explains the Greek letters. PATHOS actually means "PASSION" and SOMA itself is the word for "body". There has been a very weird roumor on the internet which says that one of the developers might have a Greek parent, or even grandparent and so these names were put. I don't really know though, every Greek frictional games' fan is so excited about this because Greece is so low on the world country ranking in importance AND economy levels. Huh Blush
12-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Find